Chapter 32: Going Broke

"BRADLEY!" My voice rings out, making Harry grab his ears and squeeze his eyes shut.

My brother stumbles out from his room and hangs on the door frame. "Can you not yell? I have a massive hangover."

"Maybe this will sober you up."

I toss the letter at him, my fists clenched at my sides. Bradley bends down to pick up the letter, mumbling something I couldn't make out.

When his eyes finally cross the large red letters, it looks like he almost has a heart attack. He runs to the bathroom and slams the door. Immediately after, I hear him throw up.

I cover my face with my hands and let out a groan. What is happening to this family?

Bradley comes out of the bathroom and slowly makes his way to the couch, taking a seat next to Harry. Harry's nose scrunches up and he scoots away from Bradley. I sit next to Bradley but back up, knowing why Harry moved away from him. He smelt terrible.

"Its all my fault." he whispers.

Harry puts a hand on his shoulder, still keeping his distance. "Its alright mate."

"No its not!" Bradley yells and stands up. "Sammy im sorry. Im so sorry."

"Bradley..." I whimper.

Bradley is my hero, my knight in shining armor. He was always there to help me when I was in need of it. To sit here and watch my hero break was terrible.

"I'll fix myself. I-I promise. I'll get a job and pay off anything that is overdue."

Regardless of his lack of showering, I run to him and hug him tight.

I've got my big brother back.

**

"Drive faster Sammy! We are going to be late." Jack yells from the backseat.

"Im going as fast as I can buddy. We won't be late, I promise."

I was driving Jack to a friends house for a birthday party. Peyton had gone off with Daria for a while.

We pulled into a long driveway and I cut the engine. Jack scrambled out of the car, grabbing the present and running towards the door. I smile and follow him.

He gives the door three solid knocks. A small boy around Jack's age opens the door.

"Jack!" he smiles.

"Nicholas!"

The two boys greet each other. I bend down to Jack and tap him on the shoulder. He turns to face me and then gives me a big hug.

"Thanks for driving me Sammy."

I close my eyes and hug him back. "Anything for my bestest friend in the world."

"When I get home tonight, can we watch a movie?"

I smile. "Any move you like."

"Can Harry and Peyton watch it with us?"

"Yeah bud. Now go have fun." I tussle his hair.

"Bye Sammy!" He gives me one more hug and then runs into the house.

I get back in the car and drive home.

When I stop at a red light, my phone rings. I grab it from the cup holder and hold it up to my ear, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Love? Its Harry." He sounds rushed and slightly out of breath.

"Harry are you okay?"

"Father knows. You're not safe."

My heart stops beating and my breathing hollows.

"He what?" my voice comming out just above a whisper.

"Get to the house and lock the doors. I'll be there as soon as I can."

My foot automatically presses down harder on the gas, making the car speed up.

"I love you," Harry pants. "See you soon."

________________________

sorry its short! ive been very distracted this past week...

SOMETHING BIG IS HAPPENING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha but anyway, early update goal: 400+