Chapter 20: We Meet Again

The little red numbers on my clock read 7:00 and for once, I was happy to be up this early. Harry was coming home today.

I threw off the blankets and checked my phone. It lit up in my hand as I recieved a text.

"Pick me up at the airport in an hour? xx Haz"

I smile and run to the bathroom. The warm water from the shower runs down my body, soothing my nerves. I haven't seen Harry in a while now. What if he changed and is back to killing. What if he doesn't love me like he did?

'Calm down Samantha' I remind myself.

After my shower, I blow dry my hair and apply light makeup. Once upstairs I throw on tight black jeans and a grey v-neck.

I run downstairs and find Bradley sitting on the couch with his feet propped up on the coffee table.

"Where's the fire?" he laughs.

I smile. "Harry is flying in today."

"Ah." He chuckles.

"Keep an eye on Peyton for me?"

"Yes ma'am!" He jokes as he places his hand to his forehead, saluting me.

I start up Harry's car and begin the fifteen minute drive to the airport.

**

I pull into an empty space and run to the main entrance, forgetting to lock the car doors.

"Flight 148 to Ireland now boarding." The loudspeaker blares.

I pass gate after gate, terminal after terminal before realizing Harry never gave me the gate number. I mentally smack myself before turning around. As I turn a corner, I find a small cafe. My stomach grumbles, telling me to feed it fast.

When I pull back the glass doors, I am welcomed by the sweet smell of honey and cinnamon. The old lady behind the counter gives me a warm smile. I return it and take a look around. A few people sit by themselves, on their laptops, eating buns or cinnamon rolls.

"What would you like sweetie?" the lady asks.

"Uhm," my eyes scan the endless rows of sweets. "Two cinnamon rolls please."

She smiles and grabs them from the display. I pay and thank her kindly. I take a seat by the window and watch the busy people rush from place to place.

I finish my rolls and place the garbage in the trash can.

"Flight 742 from Pittsburgh has just landed."

My feet take off running towards gate 742. People send me weird looks but I could care less. I hadn't seen Harry for awhile now.

Men in suits, women with children, young couples all exit the plane but none of them are Harry. Just as the last person exits, my heart drops. He wasn't there.

He probably found someone better. Went back to his old ways. A small tear falls down my cheek but I am quick to wipe it away.

"Samantha?"

-------------------------------

200 votes for an early update?