Chapter 19: Coming Home

Peyton and I stayed at Bradley's house for the past few months. With every passing day my mother got worse. The doctors say she doesn't have much time left.

Part of me feels that it's her time. She didn't help anyone in any way. But she was my mother, I had to feel something for her, but I didn't.

"Hey you okay?" Bradley asks as he walks down the stairs. He has a coffee mug in one hand and the daily newspaper in the other. I smile because of how much he reminded me of my dad.

"Yeah, I guess."

Bradley's muscles flex through the back of his grey shirt as he pours himself another cup of coffee. He finishes up and sits next to me on the couch.

"I'm going to head down to the hospital later, you never know when she might... go." he says.

I nod. "I'll watch the kids."

"Peyton has been taking Jack's mind away from all this." He sips his coffee. "He's not as sad as he was before."

I sigh. "Are we all orphans now?"

Bradley sighs. "We are both of age. Jack, well he has us. I don't even think he knows what an orphan is."

"Let's hope."

A silence falls over us. It's not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

"I better get going." Bradley stands up.

"Yeah." I whisper.

I pull the blanket back up to my chest. I've been sleeping on the couch for the past few days, just didn't have the strength to make it to my room.

Bradley comes back downstairs wearing jeans and a hoodie. He grabs his keys and says goodbye.

*Harry's POV*

"Grab the feet!" I yell to Vinny. The kid only shakes his head.

"This is wrong." his voice cracking.

"Would you rather have me kill you?"

His eyes grow wide and he shakes his head frantically.

Vinny and I had just broken into the mourge. He agreed to my plan so we started as soon as possible.

"One, two... three!" We heave the body into the trunk of my car and drive to Vinny's house. I wait outside as he runs in to grab a pair of his clothes and his suicide note.

"Okay now this is how we are gunna go it," I say as I pull into the woods behind his house. "You need to touch all of the evidence so they have your fingerprints."

Vinny nods and gets the rope and matches from the backseat.

"Swing the rope over the tree."

While he messes with that, I get the body.

"Rope is up." he pants.

"Was it that hard?" I ask him.

"Last time I checked, I was a 150 pound, scrawny teen. Not some body builder like you." he says making me laugh.

"Change his clothes." I gesture towards the body.

His nose scrunches up as he shakes his head. "Why me?"

I hold up my hands and wiggle my fingers. "Fingerprints."

He sighs and goes to work. I feel bad for making this kid do all the work but hey, I was saving his life.

I grab a pair of working gloves from the trunk and pull the body over to the rope. Vinny slips the rope around the corpse's neck and runs back to get the matches.

I grab the loose end and pull, lifting the body off the ground.

Vinny lights the match and brings it closer the the body.

"Wait!" I yell making Vinny drop the lit match, setting a few leaves and branches aflame. He stomps on the small fire, putting it out. "Get the letter."

Vinny mentally smacks himself and runs over to the car to retrieve his handwritten suicide letter. He jogs back over, slipping it in the pant pocket of the corpse.

"Now you can light it."

He nods and lights another match, setting the body ablaze.

"Let's go." I whisper and walk over to the car. Vinny jumps into the passenger seat and I take off towards the airport.

"Go into the glove compartment and hand me my phone."

Vinny sifts through countless numbers of wrappers and papers before finding my phone. He hands it to me and I type in Samantha's number.

"Hello?" Wow did I miss her voice.

"Baby?" I whisper.

"Harry!" She perks up.

"Hi love! I'm coming home."

I can hear her give a sigh of relief. "Thank God." she whispers.

"Whats wrong?"

"I'll tell you when you get here. Just get here soon."

"I will. My flight leaves in thirty minutes. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye love." she ends the call.

I look over to Vinny. When my eyes meet his he looks down to his lap.

"Is she just like you? A killer?"

I sigh.

"I-I didn't mean it like that. I meant,"

"I know what you meant."

He sighs.

"She's human."

"Then what are you?"

Now it's my turn to look away.

"An angel."

He looks confused. "But aren't angels supposed to save and help you? Watch over you."

"Thats what Im doing, aren't I?"

"Yeah but you were gunna kill me!" his voice becoming louder.

I slam on the brakes and turn to him.

"We need your help. Now you can either shut the fuck up and help us or I can kill you." I yell.

His eyes grow wide and he shuts his mouth.

I sigh and begin to drive again. We reach the airport and I park the car. Vinny gets out after me and follows me into the airport.

The lady at the gate greets us with a smile. I return it and hand her our passports. She types something on her computer and gives us our passports back.

"You can head on in now. Have a nice flight." she smiles.

I nod and walk into the terminal, Vinny following behind me.

When we sit down, Vinny turns to face me.

"If Im going to help you, can you at least tell me your story?"

I sigh. This is going to be a long flight.

-------------------------------

I think im going to start doing vote goals. Get me to 120 votes and I will give yinz an early update! It might be short but its still something(: