Chapter 6: A week to live

Monday mornings are the worst. Everyone is moody and just plain bitchy. I skip the morning bus ride and walk. On my way to school, I run into James.

"Hello love!"

"Hi James."

"I've never seen you walk before. We could have walked together!" He smiles.

We talk and laugh the rest of the way to school. When we arrive, somehow through the mob of people, I catch Harry's glare. It was more directed towards James, but he doesn't notice. I tell James goodbye and go to my locker.

"Why are you hanging out with him?" I jump. I look over to see Harry leaning against the locker next to mine. He's not looking at me, but straight ahead.

"Geeze, you startled me!" I laugh. He turned and slammed my locker, putting both arms on either side of my head, preventing an escape.

"Why are you hanging out with him?" his jaw tight, eyes black. When he noticed my eyes go wide, his black orbs changed to green.

"When did you start caring about who I hang out with? He just walked me to school, damn." I duck under his arm and walk into homeroom. He comes in a few minutes later. A cheeky smile plastered on his face. He smiles at me and a few other people. His mood swings are really starting to freak me out.

At lunch I grab a salad and a water. I take a seat at an open table. James is walking towards me, a smile growing on his face. A smile growing on mine aswell, but something goes wrong. His smile fades and he takes a step back. I turn around to see Harry's stare pinning him to the spot. Harry sits down next to me, still glaring at James. I roll my eyes and walk away.

On my walk home, I notice James. We make eye contact and I wave to him. All he does is pick up his pace to a jog and run home. Talk about awkward.

Once at home, I go up to my room and just lay there. I dont know how long I was there but when I got up again, it was dark. I changed, brushed my teeth and went to sleep.

I walk to school again the next day. I put in my headphones and block out the world. Everything is just, odd.

When I get there, I see CeCe standing next to Harry. They are talking about something but CeCe looks distracted. Looking for something, or someone. Then she stops. She found what she was looking for. Me.

She places her hand on his shoulder and plays with the curls at the base of his neck. She turns and gives me a smirk, right before she grabs his neck and pulls him down to her. She kisses him long and hard, I know it was ment for me to get upset, and to be honest, I was. Over time, I adopted feelings for Harry. No matter how weird or scary he got, I actually liked him.

She let him go and he looked just as suprised as I did. When his eyes met mine, I could see guilt and sadness in his eyes. He looked ashamed. Before he could start walking towards me, I rushed off to my homeroom.

A few moments later, CeCe walks in right behind Harry, carrying on a conversation Harry had no intrest in. His attention was on me. All I could do was look the other way.

I skipped lunch, unable to see Harry or CeCe. I sat in the bathroom, the window ledge provided a seat for me as I cried. My life was never this eventful until Harry showed up. I don't understand. He scares me but yet I feel the need to be around him every second of every day.

I must have fallen asleep because the final bell startled me and I fall from my seat on the window ledge. I gather my things and make myself look presentable. I run home and into my room. I fall onto the bed and cry. After a while, it got to be hot and stuffy. I open up the window to let air in, but I am startled by someone. I see Harry walking into the woods, hands burried in his pockets, head down, causing his curls to cover his forehead.

Something tells me to follow him but I am scared. What will he say? What will I say! I take the risk and slip into my Uggs. I rummage through my closet to find a hoodie, but the only one I find isn't mine. Its black and has a masculine smell to it. Then I suddenly recognise it. Its Harry's. I pull it on and run outside.

The air is cool, mainly because there is never any sunlight in the woods. I reach the tracks and find a new addition to it. A mess of brown curls. I walk over and sit down with him.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Hoping to get hit."

A long silence falls between us before Harry speaks up.

"What do you do when someone you love doesn't feel the same way?" He asks. He is staring straight ahead, a habit of his.

"I dont know..." his question stumping me. "I guess you just move on."

He looks at me and bites his lower lip. "But I dont want to move on." He leans down and kisses me. A long and passionate kiss. I tangle my hands in his curls as he places his hand on my knee. When we break apart, he looks into my eyes.

"Samantha, I love you and I will never give up on you. Understand?"

I dont know what to say. He looked sick, almost afraid that I would reject him. I couldn't speak so I just leaned in and kissed him. He kisses back then leans his forehead on mine.

We both smile and share one last kiss. He helps me up and we walk back to my house. Once up in my room, he lays on my bed and calls me over. I lay down with him. He snuggles into my side and I play with his hair. After a while, I hear him snore lightly. I eventually fall asleep to his snoring.

*A month later*

I wake up to someone shaking me. I groan and try to push them away. I hear a deep chuckle and open my eyes. It was Harry.

Bradley let him in every morning to wake me up. It makes my day ten times better seeing his face first thing every morning.

After I get dressed, Harry and I leave for school. He let me keep his black hoodie and I wear it almost everyday.

The first four periods fly by pretty fast but when I walk down to the lunchroom, Harry isnt where he usually is. I look around for him but I can't seem to find him. I take a seat, hoping Harry would show up, but instead three other boys sit down with me. I recognise them. Matt, Danny, and Greg. Danny is the captain of the football team and Matt and Greg usually follow him around.

"Why so alone beautiful?" Danny asks.

"Im not. Im waiting for my boyfriend."

"Why wait? Im right here." they all laugh.

Danny is about to speak, but he's cut short.

"I suggest you leave, before I pound you to the fucking ground."

"The fuck did you just say?" Both boys stare at each other for a while. I clear my throat and they look to me.

As Danny leaves, he says, "See you later babe."

That only seems to piss Harry off even more. He starts to walk after him but I grab his wrist. "Harry please dont." He takes a deep breath and sits next to me. "Did he hurt you?"

"No im fine."

"Good."

*Harrys POV*

Around sixth period I get a text.

"Get down here now."

I excuse myself from the class and bolt down the hallway. I escape out the door and run down the street. When I reach the woods I slow down. When I reach the gates I see Daria. She's pacing back and forth. Once she spots me she runs to me. "Father wants to speak with you."

I knock on the big wooden doors and they open. Father is leaning against his desk, glaring at me.

"Why isn't she dead."

"What?"

"Did I mumble Styles?" he yells.

"No sir."

He pushes me against the door, my head hitting hard. We are both glaring, eyes black as night.

"If shes not dead by next week I will kill her myself. Understand?"