Chapter 22: Never say never

Harry pulls into Bradley's driveway and cuts the engine. All three of us pile out of the car and take the luggage inside.

"Harry!" Peyton calls. She runs down the steps as fast as she can. Jack follows behind her. Harry smiles and opens his arms wide, bending down to her height. As soon as he has her in his arms, he picks her up and swings her from side to side. Jack holds his arms up, signalling for Harry to pick him up as well.

With both of the children in his arms, Harry looks at me and smiles. I return the smile and sigh, thinking of how great of a father Harry would be.

Bradley walks down the stairs and smiles at Harry.

"Harry! How was your trip?" he asks.

Harry looks at me questionably but I nod my head, silently telling him it was okay.

"It was fun." He plays it off.

"Might I ask what type of buisness you are into?"

At first Harry is confused but then catches on. "I uh, I work in contracting."

"Oh thats cool." Bradley smiles. "And who's this?"

I almost forgot the poor kid was standing there. "This is Harry's cousin, Vinny. He lives in the states and came back with Harry to visit some family." I say.

Bradley smiles and shakes Vinny's hand. "Nice to meet you."

"You too." Vinny says.

"Well," Bradley claps his hands together. "Im going to stop by the hospital and go grocery shopping. Keep an eye on the kids okay?"

I nod and smile. Bradley grabs his keys and walks out the door.

"Hospital?" Harry asks. Shit. I forgot to tell him.

I walk into the kitchen and signal for Harry to follow me. Vinny takes a seat on the couch and pulls out his phone.

"My moms in the hospital." I sigh. looking towards the ground.

"What? How?"

"She was drinking again and got into a bad car accident. She doesn't have much longer to live."

Harry wraps his arms around me and holds me close. This is just what I needed. A hug from Harry to take all the pain away. I really have missed him.

He kisses the top of my head. "Im sorry."

**

Harry sits on the couch with his feet resting on the coffee table. I am curled up in a ball by his side, my head laying on his shoulder. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier until I couldn't hold them open anymore.

The faint sound of running water can be heard from upstairs. Vinny had gone to take a shower before bed. Harry is humming softly, making me fall asleep faster.

"What song is that?" I ask, my voice tired.

"Hm? Oh, Never Say Never by the Fray. Ever heard of it?" he smiles.

I smile, keeping my eyes closed. "Yeah. Can you sing it to me?"

He laughs. "Of course love."

Harry lays back on the couch and pulls me with him. I snuggle deeper into his chest as he hums softly and plays with my hair.

"Some things we don't talk about. Rather do without. And just hold the smile."

The upstairs shower turns off, leaving Harry's soft voice the only sound left in the house.

"Falling in and out of love. Ashamed and proud of, together all the while."

My eyes close and a smile grows on my face. Harry's voice carrying me further and further into a deep sleep.

"Don't let me go, don't let me go..."

--------------------------------

PLEASE READ!!!

This chapter was more of a filler, welcoming Harry and Vinny home. A few nights ago I planned out my chapters and now I am more organized for this story! I know how many chapters there will be but I wont tell you yet.

There is so much more to come in this story. You haven't seen anything yet.!

~Carolyn xx