Chapter 37: Father's Plans

*Father's POV*

"Edric!" Two guards came into my office, panting and out of breath.

I fold my hands behind my back and approach the guards.

"Yes?"

Matayah and Mathew try to catch their breath. Mathew leans over and places his hands on his knees.

"We got here as fast as we could." Matayah says. "We have a problem."

I raise my eyebrow at the two of my finest guards. They never run into any complications.

"What is it?"

"The boy. He never went out. We couldn't find him."

"What boy?" I ask.

"Samantha's brother. Bradley." Mathew says.

"You couldn't find him!" I slam my fist on my desk, making the two men jump.

"You are my best men! There should be no complications!"

Before Mathew and Matayah can come up with an excuse, someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." I yell.

"Father!" My son, Maximus, walks in with papers in his hand. "My department was able to track Bradley. He is at home, with Samantha."

I smile at my son, for he was the best of all my men.

I turn to the two men standing by the fireplace.

"You two are pathetic. Out of all the places in the world, the thought of him being at home never crossed your mind!" My anger was rising with every second.

"That's not all." Max says with a mocking smirk on his lips. "Harry is there."

"Oh he is, is he?" The little traitor.

I dismiss Matayah and Mathew. Max takes a seat behind my desk, setting his papers down.

I grab my black cloak and pull it on.

"Where are you going?" Max asks.

"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

**

*Samantha's POV*

"Let's watch a movie." I suggest.

"Let's make dinner first." Harry chuckles.

Harry and I walk into the kitchen and look for something to eat.

After Harry healed Bradley's head and revealed his secret, Bradley decided to take a nap. His head was spinning from all these "surprises".

"There is no food in this house!" I yell, walking back into the living room and falling on the couch.

Harry laughs at me and takes a seat.

"There is. You just don't want any of it."

"Can we go food shopping?" I ask.

"No." Harry leans over and lays his head on my lap. "I need to keep you safe."

"Well, you can keep me safe at the store." I smile and play with his curls.

He smiles back. "I love you."

"Nice try. Can we please so to the store?" I beg.

Harry groans and closes his eyes. "Fine."

Harry gets up from my lap and I dash towards the door.

"Eager, are we?" Harry laughs.

"I'm hungry." I say while pulling on my coat.

**

"Do you want these?" Harry pulls a box of brownies off the shelf.

"Yeah, put them in the buggy." I say, throwing a box of popcorn into the cart.

"Judging by the contents of the cart, this is just a binge for junk food?" Harry asks.

"Damn straight." I laugh, pushing the cart down the isle, looking for more snacks.

I spot a bottle of Dr. Pepper on the top shelf.

"Harry! A little help here!" I say, reaching for the bottle.

"Someone's a tad bit short." He smiles.

"Shut up and get the bottle."

Harry grabs the bottle off of the shelf but holds it over his head.

"Now that's not the right way to ask." He smiles, holding the bottle higher.

"Harold. Give me the bottle or I will chop your balls off."

Harry huffs and hands me the bottle. "I need those."

I laugh and stand on my tip toes to kiss him on the cheeks, and then they turn a slight shade of pink.

"Let's go find some more junk." I smile.

I turn the cart around, ready to raid the next isle, but I bump into someone.

"Oh sorry! I didn't see you."

The man only nods and quickly walks past. Harry quickly gets in front of me, hiding me with his large frame.

"Uh Harry? What's wrong." I ask, peaking over his shoulder.

"Let's go." He grabs the cart and pushes it towards the check out.

While we check out, I keep looking for that man I bumped into. Why was Harry so jumpy all of a sudden?

I give up on looking and turn around to face Harry, but what I see makes me scream.

Harry frantically turns around to see if I'm okay, but instantly relaxes. Employees and customers give me strange looks before returning to what they were doing.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks, taking ahold of my shoulders.

I look at Harry, then back to the window.

"There was just a man standing there. Looking at me." I try to see outside but it's too dark.

"What did he look like?"

"He was in all black."

Then I knew. It was that same man that I bumped into at the hospital the day I visited mom.

"Sir, your groceries?" The lady at the register speaks up.

Harry thanks her and grabs our groceries. He takes my hand and drags me out of the store, in a rush to get home.

Once in the car, Harry starts it and pulls out of the parking lot.

"That man you saw, was Edric. I have someone on the inside. Someone giving me information. He told me that Edric has decided to investigate us himself. We have to be careful."

I nod, still too stunned to speak.

The way he stared at me. Eyes full of hatred and loathing.

I was also embarrassed. All those people at the store probably thought I was insane.

"Harry, please don't let him take me away." By now, my lips where quivering and my eyes are wide.

Harry looks over at me and takes my hand, calming me down.

"No one is going to take you away from me. No one."

________________________

Hey guys!!!

Sorry it's short, it's basically a filler chapter. Im in a writing mood so I will get started on chapter 38! Hopefully it will be better then this chapter :p

If I don't early update goal: 520+