Chapter 17: Bad News

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER!!!!!! I wouldn't end it like that! I want to at least have 40 chapters. I have alot more planned.

_______________________

*Harry POV*

I sat outside Father's room, preparing my explanation. A few times I even told myself I wouldn't be able to go through with it.

The big wooden doors open, signaling it was my time to go in.

I take a deep breath and stand up. The fire casts shadows along the blood-red walls inside the room. My gaze traveled from the hearth to the big oak desk and the numerous ammounts of electronics that aligned the desktop. Father's chair was facing the wall so I couldn't see if the chair was occupied.

I put my head down and cleared my throat. The large chair turns around to face me.

"Ah Harold! Good to see you. Is the deed done?" he asks.

I sigh. "Yes Father."

"Perfect." he laughs. "You're looking much better. That girl was putting a strain on you." The chair moves backwards as he stands. "Lets get started on your next assignment, shall we?"

He puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me into the library. I sit at a vacant table while he shuffles through record logs. He pulls out a tan folder with black lettering across the front. The folder is set infront of me as Father clicks on a table lamp.

"Vinny Alverez." Father reads and crosses his arms. "He's been the laughing stock of the entire eleventh grade for months now. We are sending you in to be his protector. Gain the kid's trust. Then kill him."

I sigh. "Its that easy?"

"He tried to hang himself once but was caught in the act. Get him to hang himself or do it for him."

"Alright. What school?" I ask.

"Allderdice High School."

My brows furrow. There is no school in the UK named Allderdice. I should know. Ive been to almost every school here. "Where is Allderdice?"

Father smiles. "Pittsburgh."

"Pittsburgh?"

"Yes. Pittsburgh, Pennslvania. Your flight leaves in one hour. Collect your things and say goodbye. Have fun in the US Harry." he pats my shoulder and exits the library.

The US? Ive never been there. How am I gunna make sure Samantha stays safe? Father could find her. He could harm her. Maybe even kill her.

I leave the library and out of the tunnels. My car was parked on the edge of the forest so it was an easy walk to it. I take off towards the airport. My knuckles turned white as I drove down the road. The seaming on the wheel is begining to rip. My vision became blurry. I hadn't realized that I had been crying. I quickly wipe the tears away and drive faster.

At the airport, I call Samantha off a payphone. It would be too risky to call off my cell. Father records all cell phone calls.

"Hello?"

"Samantha!" I almost yell, earning looks from others.

"Oh my, Harry! What happened?" she questions.

"We are good! He believed everything. Im on a new assignment now."

"Oh thats amazing!" she cheers. I could just picture the smile on her face, her eyes wide in excitement, those beautiful green eyes.

"But Sam, you're still not safe. Please take any measures you can to change your apperance. Dye your hair, wear contacts, change clothes. Anything to make yourself unrecognizable."