Chapter 49: Sam to the Rescue

OMG THIS IS IT!

THERE IS ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT.

CAN YOU HEAR ME CRYING?

________________________

"Samantha, they're going to kill him."

Those six words rang in my ears, shaking me down to the core.

It wasn't possible.

"No." I whisper.

"Sam." Vinny reaches out to touch my arm.

"No!" I yell violently shaking my head. "I won't believe it!"

Before Vinny could say something else, I ran out of the room as fast as I could.

I went down the steps, two at a time.

Once in the basement, I frantically looked for Daria. I found her sleeping against the wall.

I ran to her and shook her awake.

"What is it love? Everything alright." She asks.

"It's Harry." I pant. "They're going to kill him."

*Harry's POV*

"Seize him." Edric glares, pointing his finger in my direction.

I look at Max. He has an evil and twisted grin on his face.

Both Raphael and Matayah try to help me but are both held down by guards.

In an instant, two guards grab me by my arms and force me to the ground.

I thrash around, desperately trying to escape and tear the smirk off of Edric's face.

Edric leads the way as we make our way up to the Execution Hall. I've never been there but I've heard the rumors.

They say you can still hear the screams from the victims that have died there long ago.

The Execution Hall is above ground, even deeper in the woods than the gates. It is a large stone building covered in moss and vines.

A long line of angels and guards follow us up to the hall. The angels cowered in fear, now that they knew what Edric was truly capable of. He could kill them in a second if he wanted to.

Once in the hall, the angels filed into pews facing a large, stone stage.

Edric makes his way to the stage, climbing up the large stone steps and turns to face the angels.

"Bring in the prisoner."

Two guards push open the doors and drag me in. I tried to break free as hard as I possibly could but it wasn't working. They were stronger than me. Stronger in every sense of the word.

Once up on the stage, I am striped of my uniform. My shirt is ripped clean off my back. I am left only with my black jeans and my two pendants.

"Spread your wings." Edric sneers.

I open my wings, stretching them out.

Edric pulls out a feather causing me to yell out in pain.

"First we will free you of your wings. You don't deserve them." He frowns, pulling out another feather.

"Then," Edric smirks, looking at his guards. "We cut off your head."

*Samantha's POV*

"We need to go. Now!" I whisper, pulling Daria to her feet.

"I know where they're taking him." Daria says, following me up the stairs.

"We'll never make it in time." I tell Daria.