Chapter 51: Edric's Death

*Harry's POV*

The world seemed to slow down, everything was muffled. I could only hear my heart pounding in my chest.

I fell to the ground and landed flat on my wound. I scream as the pain jolts through my arm again. It was starting to go numb.

A figure slowly approaches me. I couldn't make out any features because he was standing directly in front of the sun.

I take hold of the pendants around my neck and pray for the strength to stand.

With my good arm, I prop myself up, gaining the strength I needed to stand on my feet.

"How does it feel?" The figure spoke. "Hurts like hell doesn't it?"

Edric.

Edric pulls a silver bullet out from his pocket. He twists it around in his hands, smiling as he does.

"Kills more than just vampires." He sneers, loading the bullet into his gun.

Edric cocks the gun and aims straight for my heart, my now beating heart.

"Say goodbye, Harry Styles." He laughs.

I turn to see Samantha running towards me. Her cheeks were full of tears as she screamed my name.

Before Edric could shoot, the ground started to shake as something jumped out from behind me. The large beast attacked Edric.

"Talon stop." I yell before he could kill Edric.

The wolf looks over his shoulder at me, stepping off of the body that lies underneath him.

"Get Samantha out of here." My voice cracks as I reach for my wounded arm.

We both knew this could be the very end. I just don't want Samantha to watch me take my last breath.

Talon nods and runs off to Samantha.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you." I spit as I load my gun.

Edric just laughs. "Son, I can give you a lot of reasons why you should kill me."

He struggles to stand to his feet.

"Open your eyes boy! It was me who did everything!" He laughs.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

Edric starts to laugh."Samantha's mother. Samantha's brother. Even Samantha's dad. I was hoping you would have put the pieces together yourself."

I stop and think about it. They all died in car accidents.

"I was there. Right before each of them died. Hard to believe you didn't recognize me." He smiles, dusting a few blades of grass off of his sleeve.

Samantha always told me about the man in black. She thought it was a sign, like the grim reaper. Now I knew it was something far worse.

"Even Samantha herself was supposed to parish in a car accident. If it wasn't for you." He glares. "You know better than to get in the way of death."

He was provoking me, but I for one had enough of his tricks.

"Stop." I groan, sick of hearing his demented plans.

"Samantha's brother, Bradley is it?" He questions. "Bradley was supposed to die too, leaving Samantha with no one."

"Not true!" My voice cracks. "She would have had me."

"Yet again, you stopped his death. Sadly, you can't stop it now."

I look at Samantha and thankfully, she isn't paying Bradley any attention.

She was fighting with Talon, trying to convince him to let her stay and fight.

Then I look at Bradley, he had his back turned to one of the guards.

The guard took aim at him and fired.

Bradley was dead.

*Samantha's POV*

You know that gut feeling you get when someone in your family is hurt. A feeling I've been getting a lot in the past two months.

I have no other family, except for Bradley.

My heart sunk as I watched my brother sink to his knees and then fall to the ground.

It was also as if I mimicked his actions.

I fell to my knees, watching my brother give out his last breath.

I was now officially alone in this world.

*Harry's POV*

I watched as Bradley and Samantha fell to the ground. A horrible sight to see.

"You sick son of a bitch." I swore, raising the gun to his head.

He laughs and spreads his arms. "Go ahead. I welcome death with open arms."

I take a deep breath and pull the trigger.

The vibrations from the gun make their way up my arm and into my wounded shoulder. My eyes close and I drop the gun.

When I open my eyes, Edric lies in front of me. I thank God, for now he was finally dead.

He could not cause the world any more harm. Hopefully, now we are all safe.

"Harry watch out!" Samantha screams.

I watch as her and Talon run towards me as fast as they can.

I turn around just in time to see Max charging at me.

Before I could raise my gun, Max already has his aimed.

Then he takes his shot, the bullet piercing me in the heart.

My knees give out and I fall onto my back, gasping for air.

--------------------------------

ONE. MORE. CHAPTER. LEFT.

The final chapter will be released on Christmas, hopefully. Along with another surprise!

So please, vote and comment! Spread the word of this story! It's almost at 50k reads!