Chapter 11: We'll Find a Way

"Well maybe if you didn't drink every night we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Harry and I wake up to yelling and screaming. He looks at me, a look of concern spread across his face. We both jump from the mattress and run downstairs.

On our way down, we hear Jack crying in his room.

"Go on." Harry says. "Ill see if he's okay. Call me if you need me."

I give him a nod and walk into the living room.

"Whats wrong?"

Bradley and my mom are yelling at each other.

"Your mother is drinking all our money away! Soon we are gunna be broke!" Bradley screams.

"That was my drinking money I set aside!" she slurs.

"Bullshit! You stole it from my goddamn wallet! I watched you!"

"Don't disrespect me! Im your mother."

"Then start acting like one!"

My mom backhands Bradley, sending him stumbling backward and falling to the ground.

"No!" I scream. I run to her and push her back from him. She grabs me by the neck and attempts to strangle me. I can feel the air exiting from my chest. I try to pry her wrists from my neck but she's too strong. The adrenaline from her fit of rage fueling the strength. I scream for Harry but nothing more then a squeak comes from my mouth.

Harry must have sensed something was wrong because he runs into the living room, shock written on his face. He grabs my mothers wrists and attempts to pull them from their grip around my neck. Once her touch has left my neck, I stumble back and let my lungs breathe in as much air as possible.

My mom is struggling in Harry's grip. I look down to Bradley who is lying unconsious on the floor.

I take a seat on the couch, too tired to stand on my own two feet. Harry takes my mom up into her room and eventually gets her to calm down. Bradley is now conscious, an icepack laying on his cheek.

This family seems to be falling apart but at the same time, Harry is there picking up the pieces. There's more to him than meets the eye. He may be a deadly creature, but he cares. He is learning to change, adapt to the human ways. He's taken thousands of lives before me. He didn't think a thing about it. It was so easy for him. But now its different.

Im changing him.

Someone sat down next to me but I was too into my thoughts to notice. I look to my right to see Harry staring at me intently.

"You okay?" He asks.

I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. "I hate my life."

He takes a deep breath and exhales. "Don't say that." He leans his cheek on the top of my head. "Charish your life. Others would kill to have what you have."

I could tell he was talking about himself.

"Sometimes life is just ripped from your hands. You have no control over it either."

I looked up to him. He was looking straight ahead, a look of sorrow and longing filled his forest green eyes.

"Im gunna help you."

He snaps out of his trance and looks to me. "What?"

"Im going to help you become human again."

He sighs. "Don't make a promise you can't keep."

"Its not a promise. I will help you become human again or ill die trying."

He smiles wide as he wraps his arms around me. His head burrows into my neck as he silently sobs. "Thank you." He whispers.