Chapter Five ✓

(Edited by Mia (76ROSE) < thank you so much hun x)

Chapter Five:

Emberly's POV:

I slowly made my way inside his office where he was pacing around the room like a raging bull. I saw him loosen the knot of his tie and when he saw me his eyes flashed and closed into slits.

Not even wasting a second, I quickly apologised. "I am sorry. I swear I didn't see her going inside." I murmured.

He looked at me briefly and then sighed deeply. "Emberly go get a paper and a pen. I need this done by today."

Really? That was it? I quickly went to my cubicle, which was right outside of his office and got a paper and a pen. My hands were shaking already. When I went back in, he had already begun to speak but not in English, it was in French.

French.

Fluent French.

Flipping Fluent French.

Noticing how I was just staring at him he stopped and closed his eyes, which he seemed to do a lot when he was annoyed.

Oh boy.

"I... Can't... Uhmm... Speak... French." I stuttered.

"Use your phone, record it and then get someone to type it." He said rubbing his jaw.

Of course. Why didn't I think of that? I took my phone out and realised the battery was dead. Talk about my luck today. I gulped loudly. Maybe today was the day when I would leave this world.

"What is taking you so long?" He clenched his jaw.

"The battery... Is dead." I pointed at my phone and dared not to look at his face.

"Fuck." He growled.

He snatched the phone from my hand and threw it against the wall. The screen smashed into thousands pieces. I stood dumbfounded.

"Go. Get. Something. Else. NOW." He gritted.

I nodded still startled and turned around opening the door. I nearly tripped on my grey trousers.

"Unbelievable." He shouted from behind.

Back at my office, I searched for a tape recorder. Not finding one, I decided to ask someone else. Slipping the heels back on my sore feet I went to where the others were working. I was sure I looked like a mess. That was what happened when you worked for him. I wondered what his previous assistant was like. Maybe I could ask her for some tips. Who was I kidding? If she was so good, she wouldn't have been fired in the first place.