Chapter Twenty-Five ✓

Chapter Twenty-Five:

Emberly's POV:

All night, I couldn't sleep well. I never thought that both father and son would make my life this... miserable. The annoying, chirping sound of birds told me it was morning time. Don't get me wrong but I really didn't like the sound of birds chirping in the morning. It was plain annoying. It was worse than the sound of an alarm clock. Seriously, even alarm clocks had a shut-up button but birds didn't. I really didn't understand why Disney princesses were shown loving the sound of nature. Well if you thought about it, they did speak to animals and apparently animals spoke back. I rest my case.

Maybe, I had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. All the nerves were jinxed together and to make it worse, I didn't even know why. Then I remember my conversation with Arran's dad. Honestly, you can't really tell them apart. Both of them are so confusing and they would something so out of character that it would leave me speechless. I swallowed the dry toast and took a long shower to relax my muscles.

Okay, here was the deal. I really, really didn't know what to wear. It was the first time I was going to the senior Raymond house and I didn't have a clue what to wear. Should I dress casual or should I dress formal? But since we were going to sort this 'problem' out, I really didn't see a reason to put so much effort just to get dressed.

After debating for half an hour, yes I did debate with myself; I ended up wearing dark blue skinny jeans. Since it was still a bit cold I wore a black, oversized jumper. It didn't look that bad on me. I wanted to wear heel to look somewhat formal but screw that! I wore my black converses. Who knows I might have to run away from there. Comfort over style. I left my wavy hair open. I shoved all the documents, namely the contract inside a side bag.

I looked at mirror and nearly grimaced. Dark circle... pale skin. Am I quite a sight to sore eyes or what! I checked the time. It was fifteen past eleven. Wow, had I really taken that long to get ready? I added the address to the navigation. Not surprisingly, my car was parked when I had arrived home yesterday. I followed the directions and stopped when I had reached the destination.

I should have gotten use to seeing large houses but boy it still took my breath away. Like a typical big mansion, it had a huge front garden with everything in the world growing in its expanse. Okay, maybe not everything but it had more flowers than the miracle garden in Dubai and trust me that garden was the world's largest flower garden. Holy shit, there were two massive statues of lions!

I could go on and on about how ridiculously amazing the house looked from the outside and to be honest, I was flabbergasted. I noticed that there were many cars parked along the side and I could hear loud chanting coming from the other side of the house. There were also many cars parked around the entrance. They must've had a party going on which made me wonder why he asked me to come over at this time. If I go inside, will that be considering as gate crashing?