Chapter Seven ✓

Chapter Seven:

(Edited by: Chirpy_Chelsea. Thank you so much hun x)

Emberly's POV:

After spending 5 days with him, I've learnt a very important lesson about life. When God was training us all to be nice to everyone, Arran was playing with Satan that time.

Enough said.

I groaned mentally when I heard the buzz for the fifth time today and let me tell you it's only 8:30. After working for 5 days I learnt very valuable things such as some picky bastard wants his coffee to be stirred 30 times and still it has to be hot enough to burn his tongue. How he wants me to wash my hands twice before touching any documents. Let me elaborate why, its simple, he doesn't want any trace of foundation on the documents, not that I wear it anyway after working with him. Why even bother with make up?

I still remember when he said that it looks like my make-up was put on by a bunch of four-year-olds learning how to finger paint. If I say I was shocked it would be an understatement, I've notice from the last few days he was acting grumpier than he usually is. Every day I will get up making an effort to wear one of the finest shirts I've got but still manage to look like a dirt bag in front of him.

I try so hard to do everything before the time and also before being told twice but I fail miserably. I admit I haven't got enough experience in this field, which gives me nightmares of this company crashing on the market because of my insufficient knowledge. Plus, it's not easy to work under a boss like Arran. He is demanding, mean and I guess I can say bossy. The way he will tarnish my hard work and will mutter what he ever did to get an assistant like me broke my spirit on performing better. I wondered too, what did I ever do to deserve a boss like him? I have always been a good kid, with good grades, not A pluses but still they were remarkable. I never bullied anyone or did something to hurt others feelings intentionally and I still end up with him?

Life is so unfair.

Back to the intercom I picked it up.

"Yes...?" I answered patiently.

"I'm going out for few hours, cancel all my appointments."

Mr I shall work all the time says what?

My eyes nearly popped out. "Sure. Are you going home?" Curiosity got me.

"I don't find you important enough to answer you." He replied flatly.

Ouch.

"Yeah, sure." I was having a hard time to control my happiness. Finally, I can have few hours without him. Best Friday ever!!!

"So don't touch any documents without my permission, don't roam around my office, don't talk to anyone you don't know and please manage to not be clumsy for next few hours."