Chapter Twenty-One ✓

Chapter Twenty-One:

(Edited by: Quilac. Thanks hun :D)

Emberly's POV:

"Bless you." Lauren said as soon as I sneezed.

She works in the reception and I have to admit, she was one of the nicest girls in this company.

"Thank you. God, I feel like I am dying." I told her and got my organiser from the desk. I checked next week schedule and sighed at how busy next week is going to be.

"Is there something I should know about?" She winked suggestively and my eyes widened.

She couldn't possibly know about last night. Right...? Or could she...? No, don't be stupid Emberly, unless there was a secret agent, no one could possibly know about it. Secret agent? Where did that come from? If you think about it, we did kiss middle of nowhere. I absently checked all the appointments and sighed. I could tell it was going to be a long day and my head was hurting already. I felt like my whole body was on fire, not to forget the constant sneezing and coughing.

"What do you mean...?" I asked her, not moving my eyes from the planner.

"Nothing, apparently your boss is 'dying' too." She smirked and I faked a gasp. I am sure he is 'dying' from other reasons, such as STD.

"He is?" I questioned her back and she looked stumbled for a minute, confused on her own question.

"No... I mean yes... Ugh, go to hell Emberly. Its too early to think." She said playfully and I chuckled.

I knew what she meant, well not really, but I am not going to let anyone gossip about us. Thinking about us, I am still angry on what he did. Moreover, I was confused. One minute he had me leading and excited, and the next moment he pushed me, making me feel like I had a contagious disease. Now I have to deal with the aftermath. That's why I've always told my self to keep a safe distance from him.

I sneezed again. Damn the stupid weather. The crying didn't help either. After crying for one hour, I wondered why am I even crying in the first place? This is Arran we are dealing with. Remember, he is bipolar. He changes his mood like a girl changes her underwear. Well, he beats girl there too. I admit, I am attracted to him and his kisses were the best one I've had. Now, don't get me wrong I have been kissed before, but not like... this. His kisses were slow and effective. It was like a sweet addiction. But an addiction is an addiction and I had to stay away from this addiction as far as I could. As sweet as his kisses were, his rejection was the opposite. It left nothing but a bitter feeling inside me.

From now on I won't try to get to know him. Too much emotional attachment isn't good for me. I don't care what he does but I will maintain a distance. What was I thinking in the first place? Getting friendly with the boss? Acting like I am his friend? And thinking I can actually get to know him? I know how he and how his lifestyle is. He won't change it for me. What if this thing is only one sided? It will be me giving everything to him and he will still remain closed up. What will happen when my contract finishes? He will find a better and experienced assistant to replace me. I know I am thinking way too deep but I know in the end I will be left with nothing while he will still enjoy his life. He really hurt me this time. I needed a reality check up and luckily I got it yesterday.