Chapter Twelve ✓

Chapter Twelve

(Edited by: Gabbyru. Thank you so much hun x)

Emberly's POV:

Since Saturday I've learned a very valuable lesson. Once an ass is always an ass.

I thought maybe now that I had forgiven him he would go easy on me but no; he has done the opposite.

It's Monday and I truly understand why people hate Monday's with such a passion. Maybe today just isn't my day. I feel a lot more tired ever since yesterday. I did not sleep very well. I went to meet Mom yesterday and I could feel something was wrong but Dad wouldn't budge. He asked me to come and meet him today, after work. He said it's important but he won't tell me what it is. The nerves inside me are all jinxed. I tried to ask him to tell me what was wrong but he said he needed more time to think. Think about what, though? Is Mom okay? It has made me feel very anxious since Sunday afternoon.

Coming back to Arran, he truly stuck to his words when he said he wasn't going to change just for my benefit. I bet he only apologised because of the guilt he felt. I would have done the same exact thing. However, it did clear a lot between us and maybe after the conversation we had, we can make this work. He is very cooperative which I am truly grateful for. I have his schedule with his whereabouts and now I know where he will be without worrying or wasting time searching for him.

Sometimes, it confuses me how quickly he can switch personalities. Not that he has some sort of disorder but still. When he's working he is unbelievably serious and dedicated, which is something I really admire. He won't spare a second glance for anyone. Even if he does, the person has to be worth his time. I know for a fact that he lives to work. He is the true definition of workaholic. But the Arran I met on Saturday was much more calm and relaxed. Maybe he saves all his energy for the weekends. Thinking about Saturday, I frowned. He told me to go home early since he had 'someone' coming. Oh well, it doesn't bother me. We made an agreement to start this deal this week.

However, much to my surprise he seems a lot grumpier today but is still the same arrogant Arran. He didn't make me do any stupid tasks like he made me do in my first week. It was strictly professional which I don't mind at all but I never expected it to be this hard.

Maybe I shouldn't have forgiven him so easily. I half-heartedly replied to an email. I am amazed by the amount of emails he gets in a single day. The intercom buzzes again and like a robot, I pressed the speaker button. He doesn't even wait for me to say anything.

"Inside now." He shouts, making me flinch.

What is his problem now? What have I done this time? I hurry into his office and wait for him to say something. Normally he would've told me what to do straightaway but today he was taking his time. Dressed in a grey suit with a white shirt underneath, no doubt he was looking handsome but I was too tired to even appreciate it. Scratch that, everyone has got time for that. I waited, and then waited and waited some more for him to lift his eyes from the damn file and look up for a minute. I coughed softly to get his attention.