Chapter Thirty-Eight ✓

Emberly's POV:

I heard the soft thud of his door closing and without thinking; I took small steps toward his room. I could feel my head getting ready to explode. Maybe that's extreme. However, I had a strong urge to finally follow my instincts but I was nervous. I took another step toward his room building up the nerve to just do it. A strange, unfamiliar feeling opened inside of me. I knocked on his door twice and waited. After a while, he opened the door and seemed confused to see me.

"Did you forget something?" Concern etched over his face.

The black shirt was half way open, revealing the skin of his chest. I felt an ache that went right down to my soul, and I forgot everything except that moment.

"Yeah, I did." I swallowed, my voice shaking a little.

I knew that what was about to happen would change everything between us. And for once, I was looking forward to it.

"What?"

"This."

I got on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his; hushing any question he may have, melting our bodies together. My skin was covered in goose bumps as I clutched his shirt then sliding my fingers into his hair and grasping him close.

Instinctively, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in closer until our bodies were plastered together. His touch made me lose any train of logical thoughts that I had left inside my head. All my doubts and concerns went flying out the window. Yet, I was aware of how unresponsive he had become. He stood still, very still. I broke the kiss and repeated something that he had said to me a while ago.

"Uhm, this is where you are supposed to kiss me." I nipped his bottom lip playfully.

His eyes widened and in instant and his lips covered mine instantly. His tongue probed the seams of my lips, and then dove in without a warning. He picked me up and I yelped in surprise. My legs automatically wound around his waist so that I wouldn't fall back. My hand clutched his shoulder, the other in his hair. One of his hands held me from my rear; the other went up my back and into my hair. Then he tugged my hair to tilt my head while his went the other way. The kiss was hot and wild. He started walking and I felt the wall hit my back and his heat hit my centre as I moaned into his mouth. His mouth was soft and sweet as it tangled with mine.

He pulled his mouth away and set his forehead to mine. He whispered my name; his voice was deep and sexy as I parted my lips, breathing into him. The slow burn deep in my belly was flaming higher. My breaths were becoming erratic from having him this close to me. He connected his lips once more with mine and this time I lost count of the time. God knows, how long we've been kissing. Seconds, minutes or hours. I couldn't remember. He broke the kiss and I leaned my forehead against his, our breathing was out of control and loud.

"If you want me to stop, then I suggest you to tell me right now." He groaned when my hands touched his bare chest. I could feel the muscles tense under my touch and it fascinated me. "Otherwise, I wont be able to stop myself. Fuck, you are driving me crazy." Holding my wrists, he buried his face in my hair and whispered.