Chapter Thirty-Four ✓

Chapter Thirty-Four:

Arran's POV:

"Seriously how much do you earn?" She exhaled, gaping at the hotel room.

"I don't exactly know my net value." I responded casually.

It was one hell of a flight. If I learned one thing from this experience it was to never travel with her. Ever! I had to thank the air stewardess for offering her sleeping pills. Unfortunately she woke up just seconds before the landing! Then all hell broke loose.

"Liar." Emberly muttered, rolling her eyes.

We both were walking through the penthouse suite, when suddenly she squealed in excitement and kicked off her shoes. She ran full speed and launched herself on the mattress. She groaned and stretched out. "This is heaven." She muffled.

"Don't get used to it. You'll be behind a small cubicle in few days time" I reminded her, amused by her antics.

"I swear your generosity touches me." She feigned a hurt look and placed a hand on her heart.

"You are welcome." I grinned back, removing my tie.

Her eyes lingered on my movement for a bit before she looked away hastily. I decided to let her keep this room.

"So why are we here? Are you going to tell me or did you want to pretend nothing happened...?" She arched her eyebrow and questioned me. This was enough to stop me from walking out.

Tension cranked up a tight notch and buzzed through the air. She waited patiently for my answer. Here we go again. I was hoping she wouldn't remember but then again she had a sharp memory. I sighed and thought about the words carefully.

"I..." How can I tell her what I can't face myself? I did my best to not remember her or the moments we spent together. I wanted to pretend nothing happened between us. Did Emberly have a right to ask me this? I should be snapping at her not preparing myself to answer her. Telling her meant she could look at my weakness. But a part of me wanted to tell her. I knew if I trusted her with my secret she would support me, not judge or pity me.

"Don't sweat it Arran, just tell me when you are ready." She surprised me by saying this. She closed her eyes and smiled.

The amount this girl surprises me is unbelievable.

"Thanks" I sighed, feebly.

"Don't mention it." She replied, tiredly.

I sat on the edge of the bed. Why was it still affecting me? Why couldn't I seem to forget her? Sure, she was special to me but I thought I could move on from her and my past. Forget all the memories; forget the betrayal but instead, I was back to square one. I thought she had left for good and now she was back!