Chapter Thirty-Two ✓

Chapter Thirty-Two:

Emberly's POV:

My instincts were telling me to stay out of the room but I ended up doing the opposite. When have I ever listened to my gut feeling? I would have probably walked in even if there was a sign saying 'DANGER, STAY OUT!!!' Taking a deep breath, I stepped inside the room.

In size, the room was massive and one glance showed it was a guy's room, a teenage one in particular. In the center, there was a huge king-sized bed with the sheets neatly made. Against the walls, there was a mini library full of books.

'An intellectual teenager.'

On the right, there was a door, which I assumed led to the bathroom. There was a flat screen television with a PlayStation hooked in as well as a large collection of DVD's and video games. Playboy magazines were scattered in one corner. Posters of sports cars were plastered on the wall along with awards and a single trophy sitting on a shelf. It was pretty much an average teenager's room.

However, what caught my attention was one particular side of the room, which had a huge board with a ton of pictures pinned to it. When I say a ton, I mean hundreds. From where I was standing, I couldn't exactly see the faces. Fascinated by it, I inched closer to the board with hesitance. I felt a sliver of fear. Something was telling me to turn around and walk away.

Where is Belle anyway? How long does is it take to pee?

I was walking absentmindedly when I wobbled on something. I gripped the wall beside me and looked down. What I saw nearly made my eyes bulge out of their sockets. There were ashes of burnt pictures, pieces of glass, tore papers and a stain of... blood? This side of the room was a mess. Everything was scattered on the floor.

I bent down to pick up a random scrap of a photo that was sticking out. It was a black and white picture of a girl who was blushing and smiling softly at the camera. To say she was beautiful would be an understatement. She was beyond that. There was a message behind the picture but because it was burnt, I couldn't read it at all. However, I did catch a name and I whispered it softly.

'Sophia.'

I swallowed the dry lump in my throat. I felt like I was invading someone's privacy so without even looking at the pictures behind me, I got up and prepared to leave. I threw the picture and carefully stepped over the clutter.

"What are you doing here?" a loud voice boomed in the silence, sending chills down my spine.

The voice was more than familiar and I looked up guiltily. Arran was watching me intently. His jaw was clenched and his hands were in fists.

"I.... Belle told me to wait here." I mumbled. Now I knew how it felt to be caught red-handed.

"You shouldn't have entered this room." He snapped harshly.

Remember how I said earlier, something was telling me to turn around right away? Yeah, I realised those were instincts that I clearly should've followed.