Chapter Eighteen ✓

Chapter Eighteen:

(Edited by: Kaylee. Thanks babe x)

Emberly's POV:

Feeling too warm the next morning, I began to stir. My legs were tangled with something, while my torso was being pressed down. I groaned at the weight slowly crushing me, and tried to push it off me. I managed to wiggle out from under it, but decided to leave the legs as they were for now. I drifted into a peaceful sleep once again, when the weight returned. This time an arm snaked around me, pushing me backwards. My back hit someone else's chest. I opened my eyes confusedly. Slowly, I took in and processed my surroundings.

Not recognising the room, I began to panic instantaneously. I felt a hand on my stomach, a leg between my legs and lips on my neck. I could hear a light snoring and feel hot breath fanning the side of my face. I closed my eyes instantly, trying to compose myself.

It's probably a dream.

Did I mention the arm and chest were hard as a rock?

I breathed in and out, trying to relax. Something hard poked my back as I stilled knowing what it might be.

My eyes snapped open. Turning around slowly, I had to clamp my mouth tightly with my hands in order to stop myself from screaming.

Shit, shit, shit.

I've slept with Arran.

I've slept with my boss.

Oh my god.

He was still sleeping. His arms were wrapped around me securely, bringing me impossibly closer to him. My face was literally squashed in his bare chest. The idiot I am, I poke his face to make sure I am not dreaming. I cursed inwardly when he stirred in his sleep.

He is so going to kill me if he finds us like this. Like always, he is going to blame me. However, I don't know what he will blame me for. Would it be for sleeping with him, or for accepting his offer to sleep with him? I felt a bit happy knowing he won't remember a single thing happened last night. I did threaten to kill him. Even though it felt good to have him this close, I know he is not mine to keep. Arran is just my boss who will regret finding his assistant like this. Moreover, he will be confused as to what on earth I was doing in his bed. Thinking about last night, I grinned like an idiot. He is funny when drunk. Still annoying though. I guess arrogance is simply embedded into his very instinct. Whatever he'll do or say will always be laced in confidence and superiority.

'Promise me you won't leave...'

I could still hear the desperation in his tone. I doubt if he wanted me to hear it, but it made me think about the Arran his father and Luke knew. According to both of them, he wasn't like this before. Something really awful must've happened to make him like this. I wanted to know the reason or the person who made him like this. He can be so arrogant, and yet caring at the same time. It's like he is trying to control himself. He is trying to become something he isn't. Even worse, he is trying to prove to himself that he can be harsh and mean. I just want to see the old him for once. I wouldn't mind bearing his scolding at all if he starts smiling more often.