Chapter Fifteen ✓

Chapter Fifteen:

(Edited by: kashene. Thank you so much :D)

Emberly's POV:

As much as I am enjoying working these past few days, I really am missing my parents badly. It's strange because they left for Spain last week. It was a really weird feeling. I know I should be used to live on my own by now but I guess the reason my mom needs extra care is not settling well for me. But I will always be grateful for what Mr Raymond; the senior has done for our family. He was there when we had no hope left. Even though he made me sign a contract, it was still worth it. I am worried for my dad but I don't doubt his love and affection towards my mom. I know he will be there with her all the time. Not that she gets an option but my dad is really caring.

Thinking about Arran, I flustered instantly. I am having sleepless nights for the last few days and I am ever so eager to go to work the next day. Even in office, I can't help but ogle at him, which is getting embarrassing for me. Maybe it's his calm yet arrogant style, which pulls me towards him. I don't know why he have such an effect on me. Is it because of the way his eyes blaze every time he looks at me? Or the way his eyes would dance in amusement? Or the way he will smile at me softly. Or maybe its time for me to visit the psychiatrist.

I do wonder sometimes why is he so arrogant and then when I think about it, I always come to the same conclusion, why shouldn't he? He has everything anyone could ever dream of. So what if he has more money than a normal 24 years old have? He is working hard so he deserves to live his life the way he wants to in spite of what how he lives it.

However, something about him is not right. He seems so distant and he would always become so cold in a blink of an eye that it surprises me. Like yesterday, I asked him about the ceramic plate, he deadpanned and almost refused to utter a word back. But when he did, it was bitter and harsh. I swear to God that when I broke it, he was acting like I literally took his heart out and when I asked him about it, he basically told me to get lost like it means nothing to him.

I went inside his office to give him the documents and he told me to sit down and wait. After sitting down, I watched him intently, it's amusing to watch how he kept rolling his eyes in annoyance, how his lips were parted and every time he tries to talk, the person on the other line kept on cutting him. I had to stop myself from laughing at this. I've never seen him so nervous. Hell, I haven't even seen him getting nervous at all.

"Mother, this isn't the solution.... Yes I know she is a lovely girl but seriously? I can't jeopardise our business relation... You know who she is. Mother.... May I talk? You are not done talking yet? What do you mean? I haven't even started yet, you've been talking since the last few minutes." He sounds exhausted. 

What's with these rich kids addressing their parent so formally?

I zoned out of his conversation whilst making mental notes on what to do next. Let's see, I have 72 emails to reply to, print 12 copies of terms and condition then file them in order, I have to order his lunch and I still have to fill his organiser for this month which will take half of my time. Damn, why does he have to work so hard? Can't he just cut it out a bit?