Chapter Forty ✓

Chapter Forty

Emberly POV:

"Ber-Ber?" I heard a familiar voice from a distance.

No-Freaking-Way!!!!!

"Mason?" I turned around, in a shock and met his blue startling eyes.

Mason was your typical good-looking boy, with light blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He was over six feet tall and his body has filled out nicely over the time. I was so shocked to see him that I didn't notice a petite woman next to him.

"Wendy."

Wendy was my cousin from my dad's side. Even though she was tiny she was stunning with long brown hair and green eyes. Greece did well to both of them. Both were tanned and glowing.

"It is you." Wendy squealed and pulled me in for a hug.

She stepped back and eyed me, no doubt comparing us both already. Mason tried to lean in for a hug too but her hand on his arm stopped him. It was creepy how her smile never faltered.

"You look different." He said, particularly eyeing my chest.

"So do you. How are you guys?" I chose to ignore him and questioned Wendy.

"I'm great. I've moved in with Wendy last month. You know that right?" Mason replied, placing a hand on my arm causing me to shudder inwardly.

"Yes I do, I'm happy for you guys. Although, I didn't see the reason for you to tag me in that post." I laughed awkwardly.

"Don't be silly, she's your cousin. Of course, I'm going to tag you in that post." Mase replied as he glanced down at Wendy who was busy frowning at me but smiled sweetly at him.

'And you're my ex.' I wanted to say it out aloud but I bit the inside of my cheeks.

Yeah, me and Mase had a history... a long one.

"So, Wendy, how are you?" I asked, avoiding her death glares.

What did I ever do to you?

"We are doing great. I'm actually here to buy myself a gift and Mase is paying so I am looking to buy myself something extravagant. Do you think I should go for Tiffany or Prada?" She questioned me, raking her long red nails on Mase's arm.

If she thinks this is going to make me jealous, she should try it harder. I don't know how Mason is now but he was a good riddance.

"I think you should go with..." I tried to help her but Mase interrupted me.