Chapter Thirty-Three ✓

Chapter Thirty-Three:

Arran's POV:

Flashback:

We were sitting in a group as my eyes roamed around aimlessly. It was a normal day yet there was something that was making me restless. I glanced back at Luke who was grinning mischievously at Stacy and I could tell another argument was coming over. Tori removed my Ray Bans, surprising me briefly by putting them on. I scowled at her before looking around again.

I watched Adrian, my older brother with the jocks, laughing loudly at something. Cassie was with her friends, whispering and eyeing the jocks table. A teacher was glaring at Josh since he was throwing chips across the field. Everything was normal, yet it felt different. The atmosphere was the same; the faces were the same, yet something seemed really off. I sighed and looked around briefly before my eyes froze on her.

That was when I saw her for the first time and I held my breath for a second... or a minute. Have you ever looked at someone and felt that connection, something pulling you to them? That's how I felt when I saw her for the first time. I couldn't peel my eyes off her. She looked completely out of place, capturing my attention. Blood rushed through my body, causing my heartbeats to quicken.  My eyes were wide with anticipation like a child on Christmas Day or like Luke in a strip club!

It was stupid now that I think about it. I was stupid to think she was different but everything screamed different about her. I couldn't really blame my self either, I was just 16 years old when I was first saw her. I was bored out of my mind. I loved challenges and she seemed perfect, worth going after.

She was in a white dress that went past her knees, her thick blonde hair flowing down her shoulders, big black-rimmed glasses covering her grey eyes. She appeared petrified, clutching her side bag, which looked heavier than my mothers after returning from a holiday vacation. I found it hard to contain my chuckle when she nearly fell standing absolutely still. She looked around, crimsoning deep red, which was noticeable from miles away due to her pale skin.

From some reason she amused me, interested me. Something about her was different; I could see that there was more to her exterior. There was a girl who was feisty under the innocence. She pushed her glasses up and straightened her posture, trying to show everyone that she woul not be intimidated. However, it all fell flat when she saw Nia, a senior, in her tightest and shortest cheerleading costume. Nia walked past her, knocking her down in the process and not even bothering to stop.

The girl quickly was on her knees again as she picked up her bag. She was shaking now and when she got up she managed to yank a paper out of her bag which looked as if it contained the entire year's worth of textbooks.

Before I knew what I was doing, I stood up and walked to her. She was frowning and peering at the paper closely. As I walked closer to her, I noticed she was mumbling to herself. Her rosy, red lips moved slowly. They looked so soft and kissable. I couldn't help but notice this; After all, I was a guy with high testosterone levels.

She lifted her head up, sensing my eyes on her. Her eyes widened slightly as she looked at me confused. Time slowed down as she batted her long, dark eyelashes and smiled nervously at me.