Chapter Forty-Three ✓

Emberly's POV:

When Arran's cousin, Victoria who prefers to be called Tori, invited me to her wedding, I thought maybe she is inviting me out of generosity. I wasn't planning to attend her wedding. We only met twice and it felt too personal. When she called the next day to confirm, I had to say yes. I was surprised how persistent she was being.

I knew her wedding would be a talk of a town. It was featured in a lot of magazines and there were bidders to buy official weddings pictures. Her dress was custom made by Zuhair Murad and it took almost seven months to create! I asked Cherry whether he was famous and she just gave me a pointed look.

Luxurious hotel was booked for the reception and 5 star chefs were hired. Given how high profile the wedding would be, I was hesitant to attend but Cherry convinced me to attend.

Tori and Nick (her soon to be husband) chose a beautiful 18th-Century Church for their vows. A breath-taking archway of flowers transformed the entrance to the Church and the Church was magnificent from inside. The interior was breath taking. It included statues of angels, saints and ancient mosaics. Different types of flowers such as peony, sweetpea, asilbe, freesia, waxflower and green bell were adorned into the Church's windows, entrance, the pillars, on the pews and even on the back of the chairs, creating a fairy-tale like effect.

The guests were coming in and each and every of them were dressed in lavish clothes. I automatically started smoothing the non-existing creases on my dress. I was wearing a light pink dress that had fitted embroidery bodice and full pleated skirt. The dress gave a nice flair and the length stopped just above my knees. It showed perfect amount of skin without overly exposing myself. The trip to Greece gave me a nice tan so I wore minimum makeup. I left my hair open in soft curls.

I looked around for Arran but could not find him. We agreed to meet in the Church. When I suggested this to him, he looked at me warily. I explained that arriving together will cause speculations and it is Torri's big day so all the attention should be on the bride. It took a lot of convincing for him to agree!

I was about to text him but Sophia stopped in front of me. She was wearing a red bodice dress and I hated to admit but she looked good. I ignored her and looked for seating arrangement. The front four rows on both sides were reserved so I sat on two rows behind the reserved.

"Emberly, can you sit on the back? These seats are for close families and the associates. All the assistants are sitting at the back." She said loudly, causing the guests to stop their conversation and look at our direction.

I could feel my face growing hot and heated in embarrassment. It hasn't been an hour into the wedding and she is already spoiling my mood.

"Will that be a problem?" She smirked and raised her eyebrow.

If she thinks this will get under my skin then she was wrong. I didn't want to create a nuisance so I smiled. "Not at all." I kept my tone light and moved without her waiting for her to react.

I noticed seats were getting filled now and the Church was a lot noisier than before. I sat on an empty chair and watched Arran and his family arriving. He was dressed in a navy Armani's suit with a white shirt and a matching navy tie. Guests immediately surrounded him and while he was politely responding to them, his eyes were looking for someone. An uneasy feeling grew inside me. For once, Arran appeared so... unapproachable.