Chapter Eight ✓

Chapter Eight:

(Edited by: Lightinside. Thank you sweets :D)

Arran's POV:

(Couple of hours before the business meeting)

I was planning to go home straight away but I left a file for the new project in the office so I headed that way. I made it inside my office and I saw her sitting cross-legged on the floor with lots of red files around her. She had earphones plugged in. First I thought of letting her do the work, just get the file and go home. But then again what's the fun in that? For some reason I felt like playing with her. I bit down a smirk and stood in front of her.

"Miss Rae." My voice was louder than intended.

As I assumed she screamed, then got up way too fast and bumped her head on the near bookshelves making few files drop on her head. She quickly tugged the earphones out and rubbed her head. I felt a little bad for hurting her unintentionally but it was damn funny at the same time. I had to stifle a laugh.

"What were you doing?" I was having a hard time keeping my voice stern.

"Organising the files like you told me to do so!" She placed her hand on chest probably trying to calm down.

"It didn't look like it. What did I tell you earlier about the behaviour I expect from you."

Wait... what? What am I... a head teacher?

"I am sorry, I will make sure to not repeat it." She muttered.

"Good, now be ready by seven tonight. We have a dinner meeting to attend."

As soon as I said those words her mouth hung open and her blue eyes widened. I raise my eyebrow and she quickly composed herself.

"I can't..." She said looking down.

"Well tough luck, you can tell your lover boy to warm someone else's bed tonight but you have to attend this meeting at any cost." I added sarcastically.

Her head shot up in surprise as a rosy scarlet colour spread over cheeks.

"I have other things to do." She managed to say between her clenched jaws and emphasise the word 'other'.

"Well I don't care, cancel it and be there by sharp seven." I ordered her and dismissing her

The hurt and pained look on her face did not go unnoticed by me and it made me confused. Shaking it off, I went home and changed into another suit after having a shower. So here I am. 7 o'clock, waiting at the best Italian restaurant with my friends.

There was Julienne, my mother's favourite. She is quite a thing. Heir to her mother's fashion company she was someone who I would see myself with in 10 years time. No kidding, she had long blonde hair, smouldering blue eyes, full red lips and she was drop dead sexy with her hourglass body plus she isn't the stereotypical blonde, she was actually very clever and very likeable. The way she talks, walk and dress catches everyone's attention. Married or not. Everyone knows I infatuated her and I did not mind at all. Why should I though? Every guy I know was desperate to spend some time with her and she is willing to give her all time just for me.