Chapter Twenty-Four✓

Chapter Twenty-Four:

(Edited by: kashene. Thank you so much :D)

Emberly's POV:

It was awkward standing outside in just a shirt. It was worse when you don't have anything on you. I stood near the gates not knowing what to do. There's no way I'm going inside and ask him for a lift or my clothes or my car. I know he is equally stubborn as I am. Why does he have to screw everything up? He promised me that he wouldn't hurt me anymore.

Liar!

Don't. Don't think about him. Just pretend for a while that he doesn't exists. He is not worth crying. Don't sweat thinking about what happened a minute ago. Everything will be fine. There are bigger issues such, as how will I get home and where the hell is my car?

God, my car! I wonder where it is now. I can easily get a cab and pay them once I got home but the thing is, I can't even see a living person around here, forget finding a cab. There were mansions after mansions yet I couldn't see anyone. Okay cross that, there were workers around but I doubt they'll help me. They look so busy though and I don't want to disturb them.

Luckily the weather was warm, so I thought I could walk. But Ugh! I was bare foot. Damn you Emberly. You could've waited till you had your clothes in your hands. Now bear with the consequences.

I turned around to see one of the workers. He was in black, two-piece suit. He had grey hairs but he was still fit for his age. He had his back turned toward me and I think he was on the phone. I patiently waited for him to finish the call and when he did, I approached him.

"Excuse me, can you call a taxi for me please?" I asked him politely.

He turned around and took a double look at my appearance. I looked down, not meeting his gaze. This is so embarrassing.

"I can drop you off." He said to me.

"Can you really do that?" I asked him unsurely.

"Sure, just give me a minute. I need to ask Mr Raymond first." He said, going inside.

"Sure." I muttered uneasily.

I don't think he'll let him though. I just shouted at him a minute ago. After a while, he came back with my clothes in his hand and my handbag. I smiled gleefully. He handed me my clothes and my bag and I thanked him. He told me to wait while he gets the car out. I took the moment to slip in my skirt and shoes. No one needs to see my ass, thank you very much.

Instead of sitting at the back and making this completely awkward, I sat in the front seat. I was the one who needed help so there was no reason for me to make him feel like a chauffeur. Besides, I'm sure he had other priorities than dropping a girl just in shirt to their house.