Chapter Nineteen ✓

Chapter Nineteen:

(Edited by: Sara_Lovee1D. Thank you <3)

Emberly's POV:

Have you ever wondered how Charlie must have felt when he stepped his foot inside the chocolate factory? Ask me. You know all the excitement you get when you feel like everything in your boss's house is made of pure gold? Yes, the feeling was mutual. I never understood the hype of people making their house look so... stunning. Arran was one of those people. I really thought his house would be a total bachelor's pad but I couldn't be more wrong. Yes it had all the equipment you see in a single guy's house but it was spotless. Despite its size, I couldn't help but notice how empty and lonely it really felt. The whole house was drowned in a complete silence. Something I am not fond of.

We were currently on the first floor and he led me inside his bedroom. It looks even better in the sunlight. My breath hitched involuntarily when I remembered how close we were last night. His lips on my neck, his arms around my waist and his legs tangled with mine. A shiver ran down my spine and it took a lot of will power to stop shuddering. The same bed where we were 'spooning' was now neatly made. I am not surprised though, since I know how much of a clean freak he really is. I spotted my phone near the table and grabbed it.

"You know, I can actually make your dream come true." He smirked and motioned his eyes to his bed, earning an eye roll from me.

I walked out of the room as quickly as possible avoiding any suspicious thoughts.  Arran was acting weirdly, which was making me feel... weird? The way he was acting all playful wasn't going well with me. He was doing something to me and that's the reason why I am feeling so strange. Something in his eyes was making me fluster for no apparent reason. All my confidence seems to falter in front of him. We were randomly strolling in the hallway when I spotted the one thing that stopped me in my tracks.

I stood still when I saw it. I forgot how to breathe and my eyes nearly bulged out. Not believing myself, I even pinched myself, only to hiss in pain. He was oblivious to my state and kept walking ahead. I touched them softly.

They were my flowers.

The white roses I got him.

I recognise them by the wrapping sheet. Obviously, he didn't bother taking them out. Some petals were missing because of my outburst but it didn't matter to him. It had to be the least attractive thing in his house yet instead of getting rid of them, he had decorated them in a beautiful vase. I realised he was way ahead of me so I silently ran to where he was. Suddenly, my mind was too distracted with all the questions.

Why...?  Why did he put them in his house? If he cared even a bit then why did he walk out on me? Why do I get to see the nicer version of him when I'm at his house, why not in the office too? Moreover, why does he have a flip side to his personality? Why is he bothering me so much?

I didn't even realise that he stopped abruptly until I crashed into his back. I mumbled an apology quickly. He smirked but didn't say anything. See what I mean? A normal Arran would've called me clumsy and would've told me to watch where I am going.