Chapter Thirty-Five ✓

Chapter Thirty-Five:

Emberly's POV:

'I'm not ready to accept the reality. That person... meant a lot to me. I can't seem to move on. Whenever I try, I feel like giving up already.  I am tired of struggling...'

'He isn't how he seems. He has been through a lot, that's why he made himself like this.'

'Love is the most overused concept in life.'

'I know how... difficult he can be but I've seen the way he looks at you and trust me, you're special to him.'

'What if someone you love hurts you and leaves you in pieces, so many pieces that your hands prick when you are trying to put yourself back together?'

'Just take care of him.'

'You... loved her?" "Still do.'

'Promise me, you wont leave me...'

2:35 am

I couldn't sleep. I was feeling too restless and too worried. I kept tossing in my bed, irritably. As I lay in my bed in the dark, my eyes wide open, I couldn't help but think about Arran. Well duh, who else am I suppose to think about? Who would've thought Arran Raymond had been in love and boy did he fall hard for that girl.

Sophia.

Even thinking about her made my mouth bitter and I barely even knew anything about her. Why did I have a feeling that she used Arran to gain something? But what? Maybe, I should just try to sleep!

3:27 am

I wonder where she is. How is she? Who is she with, if anyone? Why did she leave him? From what I had gathered, he was an ideal son, cousin, friend and no doubt he would've been an ideal boyfriend too. Then why? What happened? What if it was Arran's fault? What if he always had anger issues and she had just had enough of it?

A part of me wanted to ask him so badly but the other part knew I would be pushing my luck if I did. He disclosed his past to me without even realising that he was telling me so I wasn't going to rub it in. I could tell it was hard for him to tell me and I didn't want to be nosy by questioning him. Maybe, I shouldn't rush it even if it takes months for him to tell me more. But he did say she has returned. Is that why he organised this trip out of nowhere? I hadn't even seen him doing any work or asking me to schedule any appointments. He was just escaping from a reality that he wasn't ready to face.

I seriously needed to sleep otherwise I would look dead tomorrow.