Chapter Thirty ✓

Chapter Thirty:

Emberly's POV:

I wanted to open my mouth to defend myself, to apologise but no words came out.  I was too shocked to even move. I panicked immediately. I literally felt like someone has punched me in the stomach. My head felt dizzy and a thousand thoughts and questions swarmed my brain. Now she would think I was a home wrecker. What if she assumed I was cheating with him behind her back? I was familiar with the feeling and trust me when they say it was the worst feeling ever, they were not lying. I blinked back my tears.

"Here I was worried about the wedding and I find you busy with some fling." She said sarcastically.

"She is not a fling." He snapped back at her and turned around to face me. When he saw my condition, his face displayed concern as he tried to touch my hand. I moved back instantly as if his touch burned me and he frowned in confusion.

"She looks like one." She snapped back and shifted her gaze to my face.

I was expecting hurt, hatred, and betrayal from her but instead I got a confused expression then a soft smile. I snapped from my trance as she kept smiling warmly at me. Much to my horror, she just winked at me. Both of them started walking inside yet I stood still gawking at their backs. Why wasn't she angry? Better yet why was she not yelling? That would've been the first reaction that came to my mind if I had been in her place, yet she looked so calm. Arran stopped walking when he realised I was nowhere to be seen; he turned around and narrowed his eyes at me. I nearly tripped over my own feet as I followed them.

"Can you just tell me what the hell you are doing here?" Arran asked her once we were in the living room.

"Nick hasn't answered his phone. I've been calling him since yesterday but he isn't answering." She sniffed softly and sat down.

Now that we were inside, I could see her properly. She was indeed beautiful and from corner of my eyes I could see a diamond ring on her left hand bedazzling the whole room.  Okay not really but the thing was huge!

"I don't blame him." Arran muttered but we both heard it clearly. She glared at him.

"I'm just worried, Arran. First he ignores all the calls and then he won't show up. I can feel it." She rubbed her temples warily.

"You are just exaggerating stuff. Cut him some slack, he has a lot on his mind." He replied sharply and it was my turn to glare at him. He shrugged his shoulders in response.

"Like what?" She scoffed.

"Like getting married!" He replied in the same tone and by now I was beyond confused.

"Who is Nick?" I blurted out in bewilderment.

"My fiancé who is ignoring me." She responded to me stiffly. My eyes nearly bulged out.

"What?" Arran questioned me noticing my expression. I opened my mouth but then shut it tightly.