Chapter Sixteen ✓

Chapter Sixteen:

(Edited by: Noble4ever. Thank you hun x)

Emberly's POV:

Needless to say, I was feeling like shit today. I was too scared to face him knowing it was my mistake. I should've reserved it as soon as he wrote it down but hey, in my defence it wasn't entirely my mistake. I agree, I lost the note but I did tried calling him. I really did though.

Like this will help.

I don't know how I even got home in the first place. I even thought of calling all the hotels and making reservations for them two but then I thought it's beyond my reach to call 100+ hotels and reserve a single table for both of them. God knows it might turn out to be one of Arran's friends owning the hotel. I'll end in more trouble than I thought. He asked me to do one little thing I end up failing that too. I am starting to feel that I am attracted to all sorts of problems, like hey problem my week is going great but I need you to do something to make me look like a complete idiot in front of my boss.

The whole night I couldn't go to sleep, even if I did, I woke up sweating and worried. It was worst than the day I had my driving exam. I couldn't sleep the whole night and I was worried as hell that I would fail. Here I had two reasons not to sleep: one my mother and second him.

My eyes were wide open at three am. Never in my life I've woke up this early. Slowly I saw my room brightened by the sunrays and I could hear bird chirping as usual.

Maybe I can take a day off.

As much as the idea sounds appealing I know I cannot do it because of two hurdles.

A.    He will think it was my fault and I am hiding instead of facing him.

B.    I simply cannot afford to take a day off knowing I will be a nerve wreck the whole day.

Dejectedly, I managed to get off my bed and get ready for work. I swear my bed and I have the best relationship ever. He will accept me no matter how stupid I can act. Okay, I am sounding crazy now.

You see now how much I fear his anger? I know he will lash out on me, probably planning to make my life hell again. I called my dad quickly and he told me mom is out of danger but they have kept her. For some reason, her mind is not fully accepting the heart transplant. I was glad to know she was out of the critical condition.

On my way to the office, I stopped near a floral shop. Maybe I can apologise him with the flowers. Who doesn't like flowers, especially roses? I can use it for my defence too if he tries to attack me. I hope he is not allergic though, that would be waste of effort and money. Not that he cares but I do.

I was confused by which colour to get him though. All I know was red was for love and I was secretly hoping for someone would give one to me one day except Cherry, who gives me on every Valentines Day. An old lady came to my rescue.