Chapter Fourteen ✓

Chapter Fourteen:

(Edited by: hannah_wise10. Thank you so much :D)

Emberly's POV:

As we stepped out of the car, I adjusted my dress once again. Arran had told me Mrs Johnson-- Grace -- is a hotel owner. His company had helped her construct this building according to her preference. Standing outside the building, I gawked at the perfection in front of my eyes.

"You, my Sir, are a genius." I whispered, stunned by the building's spectacular appearance.

"Why thank you, kind lady." He chuckled as he motioned me to follow him inside.

My jaw dropped when I saw the interior of the hotel. There wasn't even a single word to describe how beautiful the hotel was from the inside. Before I could fully absorb my surroundings, a stunning woman in her late forties greeted Arran.

"Ah, my favourite Raymond. How are you, darling?" She hugged him and kissed both of his cheeks.

I assumed she was Mrs Johnson. Her slim body was in a short black and white striped Dolce & Gabbana dress, with red Gucci heels on. Her hair was done in a neat bun making her neck look longer.

"Grace, lovely to see you again. Meet my assistant, Emberly Rae." He introduced me.

I mentally thanked my instinct for choosing this dress to look more professional. I smiled at her softly, debating whether to shake hands or hug her as Arran did. I doubted she wanted to hug me. Proving me right, she simply nodded her head in my direction.

"What happened to your previous assistant?" She asked him as she led us to a private part of the hotel.

She brought us to an outdoor lounge area, with carefully landscaped flowers blossoming around the entrance and pathway. In the middle of the lounge was an oval shaped pool. It was a lovely place to discuss about the contract and to have a friendly gathering.

"The same thing as the rest." He said as he pulled a seat for Grace to sit down.

He sat on her left of the round table and I sat opposite her.

"They will never learn, will they? What would you like Arran?" She asked him in an overly sweet tone.

"White wine would be enough. What about you Em?" He turned his attention to me and gazed at me softly. He seemed to be doing that a lot today.

I paused, realising he had just called me 'Em' in front of Mrs Johnson. I gave him a surprised look.

"Same." I replied.

"Okay Vosne Romanée Cros Parantoux it is." She ordered.