His Beautiful Eyes [1]

Meredith

It's been a few weeks since I told Jack about the pregnancy. I'm a little over seven weeks pregnant and I'm definitely feeling it. The morning sickness is a nightmare. Not only do I have it in the morning, I also have it during the whole day and even at night. I honestly have no idea why it's called morning sickness. It should be called all day sickness.

I'm in the kitchen sipping on a cold glass of water. I tried to eat some toast but after half a slice, my stomach churned and I no longer feel the need to eat. It's 08.00am on the dot when Jack saunters into the kitchen. He stops to place a soft kiss on my cheek before carrying on towards the fridge.

"Good morning beautiful. Have you eaten breakfast yet?" He asks as he rummages around the fridge.

Even the thought of eating something else has me swallowing harshly in order not to hurl all over the kitchen table.

"Um kind of." 

Jack peers around the fridge door at me and raises a dark eyebrow in question.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I tried eating toast and well..." I nod towards the plate of now cold, half-eaten toast. It does not look appetising at all.

Jack's eyes follow my gaze and he frowns. 

"That's all you've eaten? A bite of toast?" 

The rising anger in his tone worries me. I'm not one to back down from a fight but Jack can be intimidating when he wants to be and it scares me a little when his anger is aimed at me.

"Actually I managed to eat half a slice before I nearly vomited. So I think that's pretty good considering."

"You cannot just eat a few bites of toast Meredith. You need to stay healthy which means eating three meals a day, including a proper breakfast."

Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being scolded by my mother? Does he not understand that I can't keep any food down? I know I have to eat for the baby but that doesn't make eating any easier.

I watch as Jack moves around the kitchen with ease. I don't bother replying to him because I know it'll just cause an argument and I really don't have the energy for it. I assume he's cooking himself breakfast but when he places a plate full of food in front of me, I narrow my eyes.

"What is this?" I ask, waving a hand at the plate. I can already feel the churning of my stomach as the smell of pancakes and bacon waft up my nose.

"It's breakfast. Eat." He demands.

I look up at him and glare.

"Didn't you hear what I said? I can't eat this Jack."

"Yes you can and you're going to eat it. All of it."

He sits down opposite me with his own plate of food and I watch as he picks up his fork and begins to eat. When I just continue to sit there staring at him, he sends a glare my way.

"Start eating Meredith. You're not leaving the kitchen until you have." He tells me. 

I look down at the food that's probably starting to get cold and slowly pick up my fork. I swallow back the urge to gag and cut off a small piece of pancake.  I glance back up at Jack who's waiting expectantly for me to eat and with a slight shake of my hand, I lift the pancake to my mouth. I manage to chew and swallow it without throwing up so I take another small bite as Jack continues to watch me.

Jack goes back to his own food after my fourth bite and I immediately drop my fork. Jack's head snaps up and he grunts in annoyance.

"Meredith, I swear if you don't eat I will force it down-"

He doesn't get to finish his threat as I feel the bile rise in my throat and I'm up and out of my seat in a flash. I move quickly to the nearest bathroom and drops to my knees in front of the toilet. I heave into the toilet as tears stream down my cheeks. I feel Jack pull my hair away from my face and his hand rub up and down my back. 

Once I'm sure there's nothing left to throw up, I wipe my mouth and sit down against the wall. Jack gazes at me with apologetic eyes and leans over to brush my hair away from my eyes.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't know you were feeling unwell." 

"I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen to me." I mumble as I wipe the tears from my cheeks. 

He ignores my comment and helps me clean up before going back to the kitchen. I sit down as he clears the plates away and I'm thankful he doesn't force me to eat anymore.

"I have someone coming over to discuss some business with me. I'd appreciate it if you kept yourself occupied until he leaves." Jack voices as he closes the dishwasher.

Business? Jack has never had someone come over to discuss business. He works for a shipping company as far as I know so why does he have someone coming over?

"Baby, did you hear me?" He asks turning to face me.

"Oh um yeah. Stay occupied. Got it."

He smiles and holds my face in his hands as he kisses me softly.

"That's my girl."

I smile in spite of myself. I'm not his girl. I have never been and I never will be. 

Jack leaves the kitchen just as I hear the doorbell ring. Perfect timing. I get up and leave the kitchen as I know Jack will probably want to use it while his guest is here. Jack doesn't really like people seeing me. It's not because he's ashamed of me or anything, it's just he's a possessive person and if any man sets their eye on me, Jack would probably kill them.

I try my best to avoid them seeing me as I sneak towards the stairs that are typically right by the front door. Curiosity gets the better of me as I glance over at the man that's currently shaking hands with Jack. To say he's gorgeous is an understatement. He's completely breathtaking and I struggle to tear my eyes away from him. 

He's a blonde haired, blue eyed beauty. He's standing 6'4 at least, much taller than me and slightly taller than Jack as well. He's dressed casually in dark blue jeans and a white shirt that seems to hug his defined torso. As I drag my eyes back up his body,  I gasp quietly when his eye catches mine and he's already smiling softly. It's not a smug smile, it's genuine. I must have been staring longer than I thought and that's when I realise I've also stopped walking. I'm just standing near the stairs like an idiot.

"Hello." The gorgeous stranger says over Jack's shoulder.

Jack turns around and frowns at me. I swallow harshly and quickly look towards the stairs before looking back at him.

"Uh hi." I whisper as I stare into his eyes. Damn. They're just so beautiful. I've never known a man to have such beautiful eyes that keep you captivated.

Jack clears his throat and I snap out of it, a blush already rising in my cheeks.

"Sorry. I-I'll be upstairs." I stutter at Jack before dashing up the stairs as fast as my legs will take me.

"Don't run Meredith! You might fall." Jack calls from behind me.

I'm already near the top of the stairs so I take the last steps carefully before disappearing around the corner. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I lean against our bedroom door. 

Wow.