Love And Heartbreak [18]

Meredith

Eliot stares at me nervously, his whole body tense and rigid. I stare back speechless and wide eyed. We're mates. Not friends. Soul mates. Those stories my mum would tell me before bed were real. People really did have soul mates. As I go over every story she had ever told me in my mind, a few words stand out. 

Protective

Instant Attraction

Caring

From the moment I met Eliot, he's protected me with little actions as well as more extreme ones and they were all to do with Jack. He's always been kind and caring towards me and from the very first moment I met his piercing blue eyes in the hallway, I've been attracted towards him. In a strange way, it all fits together. 

"Say something before I go insane." Eliot whispers in a strained voice.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I don't know what to say. All I know is that it still won't change anything. Well actually everything will change between him and I but the decision I've made about living with the fact that they're all werewolves isn't changing. 

"Meri."

Eliot reaches out a hand and gently takes hold on mine. My eyes drift down to our joined hands as warmth spreads over my skin at his touch and I squeeze his hand in reassurance.

"I've always wanted a soul mate." I finally murmur, lifting my eyes to meet his surprised ones.

"What?"

"I used to believe my parents were soul mates. Their love was so pure and real. I want that kind of love." 

"It doesn't bother you?" He asks hesitantly. I shake my head instantly.

"No. It might take some time for me to get used to the idea of actually being destined to love a werewolf but I think I can deal with that."

He lets out a relieved breath, a small smile overtaking his lips. I can't help it as I return his smile. Having a werewolf mate might not be so bad.

[18 weeks pregnant]

It's been just over a week since I found out about werewolves and being Eliot's mate. I admit it's been hard to digest all the information that Eliot, Chase and Emily have been teaching me about werewolves. It's surreal that this stuff actually exists but I'm slowly adjusting to it. 

I haven't heard from or seen Jack since that night he appeared here drunk and ranting. It's relieving to not have him constantly on my back but it also puts me a little on edge. I want to clear the air with him. I want him to understand that he can't control me anymore and that if he wants anything to do with his child then he has to let me go. He can't be turning up at Eliot's house drunk and demanding me to come home. He can't be threatening me about the baby. It's not acceptable and I won't have it anymore. 

So today I'm making the decision to go and see him. Of course, I know it won't be that easy with the protective werewolves that I temporarily live with.

"WHAT?!"

"NO FUCKING WAY!"

"ARE YOU INSANE MER?"