Missing Meredith [34]

Emily

I'm miserable. From the moment Meredith drove away in that car, I've been crying and sulking. I miss her so much. I hate that all these awful things keep happening to her. Losing her parents must have been so hard but to lose her baby, her little girl, on top of breaking up with Eliot, I can't imagine the pain she's going through.

I wanted her to stay. She's my best friend. It's been so nice having a girl to hang out with instead of all the werewolf males I'm used to. I never really connected with any of the she-wolves of our pack, they were too bitchy and self-centered for me. But Meredith is the complete opposite. We connected as soon as we met and went shopping together. I had so much fun with her. I didn't want that to end.

"Hey baby." I hear Chase murmur in my ear before his hand gently smooths my frizzy hair down.

It's the morning after Meredith left and I barely slept. I spent most of the night crying or worrying about her being alone in that house. Chase cuddled me all night and wiped away the continuous flow of tears, reassuring me that Meredith would be fine and it was what she wanted.

I'm now sitting at the kitchen table in my pyjamas, frowning at the soggy cereal bowl in front of me, twirling my spoon in the mush of coco pops and milk. It's gross and I'm not eating it. I've left it soaking in milk for too long.

I just sigh at Chase in reply, a constant frown on my lips. He sits down opposite me, the concern clear in his eyes for me.

"Have you eaten any of that?" He asks me softly. I shake my head, dropping the spoon and pushing the bowl away from me.

"I'm not hungry." My eyes drift from the bowl to my phone sitting silently next to it.

I wish she would ring me or even send me a text to let me know she's alright. Chase had taken my phone away from me last night because I kept calling her but she wouldn't answer. Chase said she just needed some time and space away from us all. That only made me cry more.

"Baby, I know you're worried about her but you won't be any help to her when you end up ill from lack of sleep and not eating. You need to take care of yourself Em, I hate seeing you like this."

"Tell your idiotic best friend that! This is his fault, he should have told her from the beginning about how unsure he was about the baby."

"Believe me, he knows that. He's beating himself up enough about this Em, I'm not going to make him feel worse." I narrow my eyes at him.

"She lost her baby, Chase. You saw her in the hospital, she was broken! If he had told her from the start, they never would have argued and she would never have run from the house. She wouldn't have lost her little girl and she would still be here!" Tears are streaming down my cheeks by the end of my rant and Chase's features soften as he stands up and comes around the table to comfort me.

"I know Em but we can't change what's happened. We just have to respect her decision to be at home and be there for her when she needs us." I sob against his chest, hating that he's right.

"I miss her so much! I don't want her to be alone."

Chase hushes me, kissing the top of my head and rubbing a hand down my back.

"She isn't alone. She has us, she knows that. When she needs us, she'll let us know."

I nod against his chest, hugging him around the waist as I calm down. He stands with me until the tears stop flowing before stepping away to sit back down.