You're The Wolf [22]

Meredith

Emily and I had our hair and nails done to end our little day out and then we headed home. The car ride back was very different compared to the ride on the way to town. Emily and I talked so much about Christmas and the baby. She couldn't wait until next Christmas when the baby would be here to celebrate with.

I made a hot chocolate as soon as we returned home as the winter's cold was beginning to get bitter. I settled down in the living room with Emily and we watched a film together. It was the perfect end to our day. I fell asleep shortly after the film ended and I must have been carried to my bedroom because the next morning, I wake up in my own bed, not on the sofa that I had originally fallen asleep on.

I shower and get dressed before going on the hunt for the one man that I need to speak to. After the conversation Emily and I had at lunch yesterday, I'm a little confused about what's going to be happening soon. I need someone to explain it to me. Someone very specific.

I find him in the kitchen sipping on coffee and talking on the phone.

I wait patiently near the doorway as not to interrupt his conversation. He spots me almost immediately and sends a quick smile my way in greeting before talking into the phone.

I let my eyes wander through the kitchen while I wait and I realise that Emily and Chase are not here. I know sometimes they like to get out of the house and spend some time alone so I guess that's what they could be doing.

Emily and Chase have a relationship that girls dream of. Of course, they have the occasional hiccup but Chase worships the ground Emily walks on. He's so attentive towards her and loves her more than anything. When I see their exchange of secret loving smiles and moments where they stand together in the kitchen just cuddling, it melts my heart. It's so cute. Seeing them together reminds me that I could do so much better than Jack Morgan.

Jack and I had a one sided relationship. It mostly involved him being secretive and possessive about me. No one even knew I lived in my own house! I spent the majority of our relationship locked up in the house and avoiding him if I could. Despite the pregnancy, we didn't actually have much of a physical relationship. I wasn't as keen about it as Jack was and once I fell pregnant, Jack didn't care because he got what he wanted.

"Hey."

I blink out of my daze and smile as bright blue eyes meet mine. Eliot strolls over to me and leans against the wall right beside me. His close proximity creates a soft sizzle of energy between the spaces of our bodies. Eliot explained to me briefly about why all that energy and sparks type stuff happens to us and also how it would grow stronger the longer we spend time together.

"Hi." He smiles but says nothing.

Ever since that first day I met him, his beautiful eyes have held me captive. I seem to see them everywhere I go. My house, his house, the woods...

I gasp.

It finally dawns on me.

The wolf!

I stare wide eyed at Eliot with my mouth slightly hung open in pure shock.

Eliot frowns.

"What?"

"..."

"Meri, you OK?"

"Y-you and-and the wo... you're the-"

"I have no idea what you're trying to say."

Eliot raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me and an amused smile tugs at the corners of his lips.