Epilogue

~ 2 years later ~

Meredith

I sit on the toilet lid with tears streaming down my cheeks. I stare down at the white stick in my hand that has a very clear pink plus on it. I can't believe it. I can't be pregnant. But it's right in front of me. That little pink plus staring up at me mockingly.

Do you remember that moment? It was the start of my story. It was the beginning of the rollercoaster that I have been living for the past few years. The day I took that pregnancy test, was the day my life changed. I met people that brought happiness and love into my life but also a new world full of supernatural creatures and a past of sorrow that clashed with mine. My life wasn't simple anymore, it was complicated and dark. 

It's been two years since I locked Jack and Sarah away in their separate cells to live out the rest of their lives. I'm not sad to say that they both didn't last very long. Sarah went crazy. Her wolf couldn't handle being apart from Jack's and it drove her insane. Three months after she had been sent away to Blackwater, she killed herself. I wasn't fazed by the news of her death. As much as I wanted her to live for years, suffering the heartache of being so far away from the mate she tried so hard to fight for, her death was just as much satisfying. Jack felt the pain of her death and it eventually drove him insane as well. He never wanted to be with Sarah, he didn't care for her as a mate but his wolf still had a connection with hers. Two weeks later, he was dead too. 

Since their deaths, I've found it easier to breathe. I can open my eyes in the morning and smile for the day ahead. I miss those that I've lost because of them but I have other reasons to keep living. 

It's that moment again, where I'm sitting on the toilet lid with tears streaming down my cheeks, only this time I'm not crying because I'm devastated. I'm crying because the white stick that has a very clear pink plus sign on it fills me with such happiness. This time I can believe that I'm pregnant and all it brings me is joy. I'm mated to a man with striking blue eyes and a soft smile that makes my insides melt. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone in my life and I couldn't be happier to carry his child. 

It took a while for Eliot and me to rebuild our relationship. I spent a lot of time grieving over the baby and everything that had happened but Eliot was patient. He held me when I cried and wiped away every single tear that spilt over my cheeks. When I screamed and shouted at him for all the bad things that happened, blaming him despite knowing it wasn't really his fault, he took it all and never got angry about it. I was thankful to have him by my side. He was the rock that I needed to keep me up and fighting.

Once the grief began to lessen and I was able to get out of bed without struggling to breathe, Eliot and I started talking. We let our feelings out into the open. We had no more secrets or fake feelings. Talking about everything that happened really helped us move on and rekindle our friendship. I wanted to go slow. I wanted us to have a strong friendship first before it became romantic again and Eliot respected that, he understood that it was what I needed. 

Now, two years later I feel better than ever. I'm living back in the Hunt household as I am now the Luna of the White Cresent Wolves. It's a tough job to do, especially as a human leading an army of wolves but the pack are very supportive of me and respect the things I do. Eliot's family are happy to have me back and I can't say I'm not happy either. I sold my parents house in the end. Despite the horrible things Jack did revolving around the house, one of the things he said was true. It was just a house and my parents are gone. I have to let go. I will always have the memories of my parents but I don't need their house to keep them.

A knock on the bathroom door breaks me away from my thoughts and I quickly wipe my tears away as his voice floats through from the other side. 

"Meri love, are you alright in there? You've been in there a while." I smile at the concern I hear in his voice, knowing that starting a family with him is definitely the best decision I'll ever make.