Hormones My Arse! [2]

Meredith

I had tried reading a book, watching TV and even searching online for baby stuff but nothing could distract me from those beautiful eyes. It's all I can think about as I lay spread out like a starfish on my bed. Even his voice was attractive, deep and manly. Jack did not look happy that I was openly staring at him and practically drooling.

After staring up at the ceiling for what feels like a lifetime, I get up and go in search for some food.  I'm a little hungry now and I'm really feeling Nutella. Surely Jack's hot guest has gone by now. But as I enter the kitchen, I see them both sitting at the table with papers surrounding them and mugs of coffee for each of them. 

I stop in the doorway as Jack glances up and spots me. He immediately looks annoyed that I'm in here and I know it's because he told me to keep myself occupied. He stands up and makes his way over to me, causing the hot guest (because I still don't know his name) to turn around and catch gazes with me. I quickly look away towards Jack, not wanting to make the same mistake twice.

"Go back upstairs baby. I'll let you know when we're finished." Jack says as he stands in front of me and tries to turn me around by my shoulders.

"But I'm hungry." I whisper softly trying to escape his grasp.

Jack studies me for a moment. Earlier he was literally forcing food down my throat and now that I want it he's hesitant to believe me. Seriously? It's not like I came down here to stare at the unbelievably gorgeous guest that he's having a meeting with.

"Are you sure? You were pretty sick earlier." He replies, also keeping his voice low.

"I want some Nutella." He frowns at my unhealthy choice. "And banana... on toast." I finish grinning.

Jack smirks as he tucks my hair behind my ear. He grabs my hand and leads me over to the toaster where he gets out the Nutella from the cupboard above us and places it down in front of me. He also gets me a banana and the bread before kissing my cheek and leaving me to my own devices.

"Thank you." I murmur to him before he's out of hearing range.

I set out to make my snack, dropping the bread into the toaster and cutting up the banana while I wait for it. I only cut up half of the banana and jump up onto the counter to eat the rest of it. I watch Jack and the hot guy talk quietly, smiling when he looks up at me. His eyes are just so mesmerising and I don't look away until the toast pops up.

I quickly jump down, wincing at the pain that shoots through my ankle. Stupid ankles are so weak. I grab the slice of now perfectly toasted bread and smother it in Nutella before adding the banana slices. Satisfied, I take a big bite and turn to leave the kitchen.

"Meredith, why aren't you walking properly?" Jack asks.

I pause to look down at my bare feet and realise I'm tip toeing on my right foot. I look back up at Jack and shrug.

"My ankle."

"Did you fall on it?" He now looks worried. He knows I have weak ankles and anything triggers the pain, why is he fussing so much?

"No, I'm fine. I just jumped down from the counter and now it hurts a bit. It'll fade soon." I explain, munching happily on my chocolatey fruity goodness.