Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]

Meredith

It took a few moments to process everything Em told me and eventually I had to just shake my head to get rid of the awful images that came into my mind when thinking about what Jack had done to that poor girl. It made me sick. Some might say well maybe he's a changed man but from the controlling and abusive way he treated me, I doubt it. 

"Don't think too much about it Mer, Charlotte is a happily mated pregnant she-wolf now. She's in a better place. Moving away was the right decision for her." Em says, smiling reassuringly at me to ease the clear guilt on my face.

"She's pregnant and mated?" 

"Yeah and she's very happy. I'm sure you'll get to meet her soon." I wish that was true but I don't think I can handle going back to that house or seeing any of his family. 

"So, how does Sarah fit into all this?" I ask her, changing the subject quickly before she gets any ideas. 

"Oh, well Sarah was older than us too like Jack. Unlike Jack, she wasn't the nicest of people. She used to bully Charlotte a lot because she was the Alpha's daughter. She knew Jack had an interest in her and knew that no one had ever dated Charlotte because of her brothers. Sarah would tease her about being the only teenager that hadn't dated or had sex. It was stupid but Charlotte had always been conscious of how protective her brothers were and she respected them, just not at the expense of her love life. As much as she wanted to wait for her mate, she was a teenager like everyone else."

"She sounds like a bitch. Charlotte was only sixteen." Sarah was meant to be the adult but she acted like a child. 

"I know and I agree but it got to Charlotte's head and on the night of her birthday, Sarah had convinced her to go into the shed with Jack. She kept telling her that she needed to start acting like a teenager and dating boys. Jack stayed in the shadows, he didn't confess his attraction of Charlotte to the world but Sarah knew and she used it to her advantage. I think she was always jealous of Charlotte. Jack was the charming and mysterious older guy and I guess that appealed to Charlotte enough for her to go into that shed."

"Did Sarah and Jack know they were mates then?" I ask in confusion. If Jack has known Sarah since years ago and they were in the same pack, shouldn't they have known they were mates before three years ago?

"I don't know. I never saw them together. But Sarah just had her mother for family and her mother was pretty strict. I think that's why Sarah was such a bitch to everyone, she hated her mother but she was too scared of her to do anything so she took it out on everyone else. She wanted the life Charlotte had. The Alpha's Princess. Everyone loved her and respected her. They still do even though she joined another pack. Sarah hated it. She wanted to ruin her and she used Jack's obsession with her to do that."

"That's horrible." Em grimaces, remembering the day she found Jack with Charlotte.

"We didn't find out about Sarah's involvement until a week later when Charlotte told me. I was so angry, I wanted to hurt Sarah so much. I left the infirmary to search for her and I found her in the kitchen, laughing and flirting with Carter. She helped that scum rape his sister and she's flirting with him like it's nothing. I don't know if my wolf took over but I saw red and then suddenly I had her around the throat and slammed her against the wall. Carter was shouting at me, trying to pull me away from her while she smirked at me because she knew I knew. Carter had to get Chase and they both managed to pull me off of her but when I told them what she did, Carter let go of me and told Chase to do the same."

I laugh. Carter wanted Emily to hurt her as soon as he found out about her involvement and I don't blame him. That was his little sister and Sarah had bullied and manipulated her into going into that shed with Jack.