Motherly Love [27]

A/N

Hi everyone! So today I'm ill,  I've been ill all weekend so I'm currently in bed but I know it's been a long time since I updated this book. I'm actually bored laying in bed but I don't have the energy for much else, so I thought I'd attempt to write the next chapter. I hope it goes OK but if you guys feel it isn't flowing well with the story then let me know and I'll rewrite it when I'm better and a bit more coherent. Thanks, enjoy! :D 

Meredith

"Sit down sweetheart." Claire says, pulling out a chair for me at the dining table.

"Thank you." 

I hear Eliot chuckle from next to me and I realise that he's laughing because ever since we arrived here a few hours ago, his mum has been fussing over me. It's really sweet, she's been so welcoming and it's made me feel much better about staying here indefinitely. I nudge Eliot in the ribs gently, silently telling him to shut up.

"Ow babe."

"Leave her alone. It's sweet."

"She never pampers me this much." He grunts with a frown. I giggle and reach up to pinch his cheek.

"Aw, is someone jealous?" I coo, earning a glare and a gentle slap on my hand. 

I pick up the glass of water in front of me, smiling into it as I try to drink it. Eliot rolls his eyes at me but I catch the small grin on his lips seconds later. 

When we arrived and all the introductions were made, Eliot gave me a short tour of the house and showed me his bedroom. According to what Eliot has told me, this house is just for the Alpha family and the Beta family. There is a pack house but they don't live in it, they just manage it mostly and hold events there. I assumed we would move into the pack house with how they were all talking but I actually feel a little better knowing I won't be living with a hundred or so wolves. I can handle two families but more than that sounds hectic. 

Once all that sort of stuff was done, I unpacked most of my belongings with some help from Emily and then I took a nap. I know, it's terrible. I've just met Eliot's family and I take a nap. But I'm pregnant and it's tiring sometimes. Claire understood and insisted that I treat the place as my own and do whatever makes me comfortable. Bless her, she's wonderful. 

Now we're all sitting down for dinner. Claire was going to make lunch for us all when we got here but I declined as I was too tired but now I'm starving. 

"Oh Eliot darling, I called Amber for you. Well for Meredith. She'll come over in a few days to do your 20-week scan and I'll get to see my beautiful grandchild." She grins excitedly as my smile drops and I slowly put my glass down.

When she realises my sudden change of mood, she frowns and puts down the plate of food she was about to serve.

"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" I shake my head at her, lifting a hand to cover my mouth to prevent from sobbing.

I feel Eliot rub my back as his mum comes over to me and strokes my hair away from my eyes.

"Then what's upsetting you?"