So, This Is Carter? [37]

Meredith

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" 

The screeching of tires is the first thing I hear, followed by the forceful slamming of car doors and then an angry voice of a male that I do not recognise. His features are familiar as I watch him storm from the car towards Emily and Sarah. Emily has her pinned to the ground still with her knees digging into her back to keep her down and a hand around the back of her neck. Sarah gave up struggling ages ago.

"Carter!" Emily says, surprise on her face as she looks up at his angry scowl.

Oh, that's why he looks familiar. The blonde hair and blue eyes are the exact copy of his brother. Now that I really look at him, I can see the resemblance between them.  

"Move Emily." She doesn't seem to mind his rude attitude as she stands up and moves towards me.

Carter grabs onto the back of her neck and roughly pulls her up from the ground as she whimpers pathetically. I wish I could say I feel sorry for her and whatever Carter is about to do to her but I don't. She killed my baby and she deserves everything she gets. 

"What part of banished from our territory do you not fucking understand?!" He growls at her, his eyes dark and menacing. I would hate to be on his bad side.

"So, this is Carter?" I whisper to Em, rolling my eyes as she smirks happily, her eyes trained on a scared Sarah.

"Yep. Isn't he great? I hope he throttles her." I choke on my own saliva, trying to hold back my laugh. I've never seen the violent side of Em except for occasional moments of anger towards Jack but this is something else. She really hates Sarah. It's comforting really. 

"Carter. Calm down. We'll handle this properly, with a clear head, not our anger." I turn my head to see Anthony standing by the car with Eliot. 

He's not looking at me. His eyes are on his brother and Sarah, the anger clear on his face. Both his jaw and fists are clenched tight, his knuckles turning white from the force. Chase has moved to stand with Em and me. He slings both of his arms around our shoulders and I tear my eyes away from Eliot to look at Chase, smiling as he winks at me. 

"She doesn't deserve calm." Carter growls, his eyes moving to his father who gives him a look of demand. 

"Dad, she shouldn't even be here. She's obviously working with that mutt!" Eliot intervenes, backing up his brother. 

When Em asked me to call Eliot here, I thought I would feel awkward or angry being so close to him but with all that's happening right now, I only have enough energy to be angry at Sarah. Eliot wasn't the one that ran me over and killed my baby, I do know that but the argument we had before it happened is what makes me blame him too. I'm having to stop myself from looking over at him and instead concentrate on his brother and Sarah in front of me. 

"They're mates." I murmur quietly, choosing to look at Anthony instead of Eliot. I can feel everyone's gaze on me and I bite my lip nervously. 

"How do you know that?" Carter asks me, his eyes narrowed and questioning. He doesn't trust me, not that I blame him, he doesn't know me. 

"She told me." I nod over at Sarah. "She was the one sending me those notes and she was the one that hit me with Jack's car because she was jealous. She wanted to get rid of me so Jack would accept her."

It's silent for half a second before a flash of colour flies past us and a loud bang echoes off the trees. I blink at Carter who is now standing alone and then I move my eyes to the house, or specifically the wall of the house where Eliot has Sarah pinned against it, his eyes flashing in anger as he bares his teeth at her.