Girl Or Boy? [23]

Meredith

Emily and I are in my bedroom both eating out of a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and talking about what happened earlier in the kitchen with Eliot and I. Well, Emily is trying to talk about it, I'm trying to avoid the whole conversation.

"Come on Mer, I saw you smooching him in the middle of the kitchen! How did that happen?"

I groan while shoving a huge spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth to avoid answering her. I am not saying a word about it. It's weird. I've never had someone to talk to about stuff like this so it's a new thing for me. 

"Pleeeeease?

"This is weird Em." I point my spoon at her and pull a face.

"No, it's not! This is our girl time where we talk about boys and sex and shopping and-"

"Eww, OK I get it!"

Emily giggles and snatches the spoon from me before scooping out a big spoonful of ice-cream to eat. 

"I don't know why you're eww-ing. You're pregnant Missy, how do you think you got there?"

I roll my eyes before grabbing a pillow to smother myself with. I fall backwards onto my bed groaning as she grabs the pillow and throws it on the floor out of my reach. I huff and sit up with crossed arms. Emily smiles sweetly in return. I narrow my eyes.

"Ugh fine! I'll tell you."

"Yes! OK so from the beginning. Did you meet gazes from across the room and then the sexual tension started to rise..."

"Sexual tension?" I snort laughing. 

"Yes! You two have that whole sexual connection going on from the day you met."

"How would you know? You weren't there when I met him."

"Oh, but sweetie, it's obvious."

I tilt my head to the side looking at Em as I think about what she's said. I still remember the first time I locked eyes with Eliot. I can't lie. I was completely mesmerised by him and his beautiful blue eyes. He just had an aura about him that shone with confidence and power but also kindness. Sometimes, you can just tell the type of person someone is. Eliot is definitely a kind person. 

Although, I didn't realise he was there to buy my house or that he was a werewolf. But that's beside the point. I haven't stopped thinking about that gorgeous man since the moment I laid eyes on him.

So maybe Emily is right. We have a connection. I'm not so sure on the sexual part but definitely a connection. 

"Do you want to know what happened or not?" I finally say.

"Of course I do. Tell me, woman!" Em demands, moving the ice-cream aside and scooting closer to me. 

"Well, I found him in the kitchen this morning talking on the phone. I waited patiently for him to finish his conversation but he did notice me standing in the doorway. I realised that you and Chase weren't there and then I started thinking about my one-sided relationship with Jack-"

"Get to the good part." Em motions with her hands for me to hurry up.

"You wanted the full story."

"I'm impatient. I just want to know how you ended up kissing."

"OK, I was staring at his gorgeous eyes and how I seem to see them everywhere when it dawned on me that he was the wolf I saw. I never made the connection before since you guys told me you're werewolves. I was a little pissed at him about it but then he said this long cute speech about how he just wanted to protect me and how he's been mesmerised by me ever since we met and yeah..."