Teaching Him A Lesson [10]

Meredith

The furious faces of Eliot and Chase stand a few feet away from us. In seconds, Eliot is in front of me and landing a strong punch to Jack's face. Chase appears next to me moments later and crouches down to my level as I sink to the floor. 

"Are you OK? Did he hurt you?" Chase asks cupping my face in his hands and scanning me from head to toe.

"No, I think I'm good." I whisper, closing my eyes in relief.

"What about the baby?" 

My hands automatically feel out my belly. I don't remember falling on it or anything.

"Baby's good too."

I open my eyes as I hear a crash and I look over at Jack sprawled out on the floor, bleeding from his nose and lip as Eliot stands above him growling. He sends his foot straight into Jack's stomach causing him to cough violently. I just sit there and stare as Eliot beats him to a pulp. It actually makes me feel a little better knowing he's getting what he deserves.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." 

"Is Eliot going to kill him?" I ask as Chase gently lifts me from the floor and begins carrying me out of the house.

"Do you want him to?" Chase responds, his eyebrows raised.

I shake my head. As much as I dislike Jack, I don't want him dead. I just want him to be taught a lesson. He sold my house, he keeps me prisoner in the house, he won't take me to see my parents graves or come to doctors appointments with me... maybe he needs a lesson beaten into him about respecting me.

"Then he won't. He'll just beat him till he's content." Chase chuckles.

I sigh, resting my head against his chest as he carries me over to his car. He opens the back door and gently places me on the seat. 

"What happened?" Chase asks softly as he leans against the car.

"It's the anniversary of my parents' death today so I wanted to go to the cemetery and put some flowers down. But Jack wouldn't take me, said he was working so I asked if I could just call Emily and ask if she'll take me. He got so angry. He kept saying that he was sick of my new friends and that I wasn't leaving the house for anything." I explain as I draw patterns on my belly with my fingers. 

Chase sighs while glancing back at the house. The front door is wide open but from the angle of the car, I can't see inside. I just about hear the grunts and growls coming from the two men inside but none of it tells me what's happening. 

"He had you against the wall when we came in. You were screaming."

"I tried to leave. I was about to call Emily when he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me back. We struggled a bit and then when you knocked on the door, he shoved me against the wall and put his hand over my mouth."

Chase scans me from head to toe once again frowning.

"We'll get you checked out at the hospital." I begin to protest but he simply raises his hand at me. I give in. 

"Fine."

Just then Eliot comes storming out of the house, his face like thunder as he approaches us. Chase moves away from me and then Eliot is next to me checking for injuries and muttering under his breath. I catch a few swear words and Jack's name so I assume he's cursing him under his breath.