Chapter 1

I'd been walking along the beach with my friend Niall. Niall was my best friend; he was loud, Irish and loved to drink. We'd know each other years and had moved up here to attend University.

Originally we'd gone out to get something to eat. Niall was always hungry, like literally as soon as he'd finished a meal he was counting down the minutes to the next one. We'd found a little cafe next to the beach just a few minutes from our apartment and sat down to eat. Niall had a full English breakfast, sausage, egg, toast, the whole lot. Me I just had a bacon sarnie. After we'd finished eating we decided it would be nice to take a walk along the beach as it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, it was nice and hot considering it was only ten am. That's when I saw him.

A tall curly haired boy making his way out the sea, a surfboard tucked securely under his arm. His body was toned and muscular, his board shorts clung to his legs as they dripped with water. I couldn't help but stare; he looked flawless as he walked from the shallows flipping his hair from his face.

He walked so graciously up the beach to a group of people sitting on the soft white sand. He plonked himself down next to a girl with long brown hair, who wore a polka dot bikini showing off her cute little figure.

Niall soon clocked on I was staring and began waving a hand in front of my face, not wanting to bring my gaze away I ignored him.

"Dude you're staring!" Niall pointed out like I didn't already know.

Snapping myself unwantingly out of my gaze I looked back to Niall who wore a cheeky grin across his face.

"Like her do ya?" He chuckled loudly.

He thought I'd been staring at the brunette. I didn't blame him she was pretty, gorgeous even. But unfortunately no! My eyes had been admiring the abs on the curly haired boy sitting next to her.

I'd never found guys attractive in the past. I'd always been a bit of a ladies' man if I'm honest. Hooking up with hot girls at parties, then sneaking out in the early hours of the morning and never calling them again. Some people would even call me a 'man slag'.

"Go and talk to her." Niall suggested.

I couldn't do that, especially because it wasn't her I was staring at. To my surprise one of the lads that were sitting down with them had waved in our direction. He had a buzz cut and looked like he took care of his body. Was he waving at us? I caught my blond friend waving back dramatically as if he knew the guy and hadn't seen him in ages.

"Do you know that kid?" I asked him confused.

Niall stopped waving and turned to answer my question.

"Yeah that's Liam; he's in my Literature class. Come on lets go say hello. Maybe you can talk to that girl you was staring at." Niall laughed and pulled me in the direction of the group of students.

The Liam guy Niall apparently knew stood as we walked over to them, I was right, the closer we got the more you could see the muscles on this guy. The curly haired guy I'd been gawking at stayed seated talking to the pretty brunette girl and a dark haired olive skinned guy just sat staring out into the distance.

"Niall mate, how are ya?" Liam asked holding out his hand to shake Nails'.

He was very muscular, his arms almost as big as mine. I wasn't big headed or nothing but I worked out to keep my body in good shape, paying special attention to my arms as they were always on show with the short sleeved tops I wore. 

Niall took Liam's hand in his and gripped it tightly pulling him into a 'bro hug'. They seemed to know each other quiet well.

"Liam this is Louis my flatmate." Niall introduced me.