~The Secret~

Okay, so this story is something completely new to me. I suffer from non-eplipetic seizures when I'm stressed, my body just shuts down and from what I've been told I stare off into space, my body curls in on itself and I make noises in the back of my throat. I've learned from my best friend who told me what she saw, let me tell you it's scary to find out from someone else what you happened. That's what inspired this story. I've had to hide my seizures from my close friends before out of fear of not being "normal" (my younger self). I wondered how Jai would react if he found his neighbor/best friend after/during a seizure and voila the birth of this story. As always I'm going to handle it as delicately and respectfully as I can, but I am basing this off my personal experience. Sorry for the long Author's Note, but I wanted to inform you in advance. Here we go...

Julia's P.O.V

"I know Mom, it's just I've been under a lot of pressure at work,"I tell her as I stir the pot of Ramen that I was making myself, I put the wooden spoon down to add the fresh vegetables I had chopped and added them as well.

"Honey, I just want you to take care, how long has it been?" she asked me.

"It's been 4 months Mom," I say fighting to keep the irritation from my voice.

"You know what happens when you get yourself worked up," she told me
"Yes Mom" I nod.
"Your Father and I are going to bed,we love you and I'll talk to you soon," she said
"Alright I love you, Mama," I tell her smiling
"Love you too" she replies before hanging up.

I finish my dinner and place wash the dishes. My conversation with my mother replays through my mind. I do know what happens when I work myself up. It had been 4 months since my last episode. I had moved away from home to pursue a career as a photographer.

My door swung open breaking me from my memories.

"Hello Darling" I hear a thick Australian accent call out.

That accent belonged to my best friend and neighbor Jai Courtney.

"Hiya Darlin,g" you say exaggerating your Southern accent.

"What my Darling Magnolia up to?" he asked as he grabs a beer from the fridge.

"Dishes," you say as you dry your hands.

He is wearing a white v-neck t-shirt, with dark jeans and brown boots, he was clean shaven and his thick curls were in disarray.

"Fun," he says taking a swig and handing you one.

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

We both settle on the couch and catch up on each other's day.

"Jai, I'm gonna grab a shower," I tell him as I stood.
"Gotcha,"he said not breaking his eyes away from the tv.
"Guys" I sigh and walked towards my bathroom and I hear him chuckle, I roll my eyes.

I hang my robe up and step under the hot jets of my shower. I groan as the heat flows over my body, I lather up my body and give my muscles a massage, I grabbed the shampoo and felt a funny feeling passthrough me. I put my hand on the tiled wall of my shower and breathe deep, and the feeling past. I knew that feeling all to well. I quickly washed and condition my hair. I feel my heart begin to beat rapidly, I felt my eyes fix on the wall, I grab for the shower curtain it broke free of the rings and I crashed to the floor my hip hitting the tub. I yelled out in pain, I opened my mouth to cry out for help but strangled grunts came from my mouth and then I saw black.