~Get Your Motor Runnin'~

As a woman, I felt like strong female characters were hard to find, so I was inspired to write this little number. Hope you Enjoy! 

P.S. The title is a quote from the song "Born to be Wild".

Mac started her day with her usual cup of coffee, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and began to dress for the day, she chose a sheer white tank top paired with a black camisole and dark wash skinny jeans and her black doc martin boots. She strapped her leather cuff watch to her arm grabbed her messenger back and headed out the door.

She only lived a few blocks away from the garage she shared with her twin brother Ben. Her brother Ben specialized in cars while she, on the other hand, specialized in motorcycles. She loved everything about them, she even owned one herself. She loved the feeling of freedom that coursed through her as she zipped down the street, the wind in her hair and the endless road in front of her.

One of the perks of being a female mechanic was the look of surprise on the clients' faces as they discovered that she was indeed a woman, a fact that was undeniable with her generous curves and long chestnut hair, her creamy green eyes could stop traffic, but when she was welding or working on a bike she wore baggy overalls not only to allow movement but to disguise the fact that she was female.

She wasn't surprised when she saw her younger twin leaning against the wall of their garage, a foam cup of coffee in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other.

"Good Morning Ava." he playfully sneered.

"Aw, morning Baby Benjamin." she puckered her lips at him as she slid her key into the lock.

"You're older by like one minute," he groans.

"And don't you forget it...but what I'd really like to know is,where are your keys?" she questions him before opening the door.

"Don't look at me. You can blame your adorable little niece fort hat one," he tells her shutting the door behind him.

"She's only two Ben, how much damage can Emma do?" she snickers as she hangs up her bag on the hook.

"She has these play set of keys that she carries with her everywhere she goes, well clearly she hasn't learned to differentiate between play keys and Daddy's keys." he shrugs.

Mac shakes her head at him and slips into her overalls, wraps her hair in a bun then puts her baseball cap on. "How many we got today?" she asks her brother.

"So far about five." he tells her.

"Busy day," she sighs.

The day went by just like any typical day, Ben had asked Mac to tighten some bolts on an engine block in a car he was working on,while he went out to get a motorcycle that had broken down. She nodded before he left, she turned up the radio and Joan Jett's "I Love Rock N Roll" started to play. She started to sing along, her voice carried through the empty garage.