Grandma Knows Best

We had two more days until we headed back to California and right now we well I was sitting in my grandma's living room talking. Sebastian had actually left with my grandpa, dad, and even Jerome to go fishing. Grandma and I were in the middle of watching Save The Last Dance which happen to be one of my grandma's favorite movies of all time.

"That little white girl needs to get over what happened, shit I know it hurt but it isn't her fault her mama died shit happens. Also that little light skinned bald boy needs to get his little ass whopped he want to be hood so bad I swear where are his parents. Also if I was what's her face I would of been showed up to his job with OUR child like "bloop bloop fool where you at?" My grandma said these same things whenever she would watch this moving.

"Grandma it's just a movie."

"So? There are people in the world just like those kids." She turned me with a serious expression on her face.

"Grandma I can't with you sometimes."

"It doesn't matter if we don't get each other all the time, as long as we never stop loving each other." I nodded my head agreeing.

"So baby girl. WHat's going on with you and that mother and sister of yours?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb Anastasia Taje. I know y'all have alway had issues with your mom being dumb and your sister following her lead but they didn't say anything to you at all at the cookout not even the snide little comments they usually make." It was impossible to keep anything from my grandma nor did I try so I told her exactly what happened.

"See I knew it. Ya mama is a nigga that hates niggas. I told your daddy not to marry her but I guess I wouldn't have gotten you or your stupid sister. I knew she was saying bad things about dark skinned people but to do that to your own daughter is just even more deplorable. Baby why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't grandma I was just ashamed I guess.... And I know how you and mama never got along I didn't want to make it worse."

"Worse?! I probably would of beat her ass once or twice. You know I'd always protect you and stand up for you like I do when she says the shit she does about you in front of me."

"I know, I know. I just didn't want to bring it up because it would just make it more definnent I guess."

"Well I'm glad you aren't letting those two dictate your worth. Your mama ignorance comes from her fucked up parents and your sister wants to be just like her, so let those two heifers act brand new that's my grand daughter and i love her but she's always been a bit of a brat. Good thing my great-grand daughter has some sense. So Sebastian."

"What about him?"

"You guys are obviously in love."

"Yeah.." I blushed

"He's good for you I can tell and you him."

"Grandma he makes me feel so beautiful and wanted, like I can seriously see myself spending the rest of my life with him."

"I bet whenever you two are in a room together you guys have this magnetic energy."

"Thanks it's just crazy to me still that someone like him could possibly be with someone like me."

"Now you need to shush with that bs, you guys are both two young individuals it doesn't matter about money, status or anything like that what matters is how well you guys mesh and you guys work well together."

"I know grandma but-"

"Not buts missy. Now I know this is a question that you probably don't want to answer and you don't have too but I'm still going to ask because you are my baby girl and I'm nosey."