Chapter 5

"Hey Y/N!"

I heard two voices call for me. I turned around and saw Minho and Newt jogging to catch up with me. Well, Newt was limping. Maybe he sprained it or something.

"Hey guys!" I waved at them, "Is anything wrong?"

"No not at all, princess." Minho crossed his arms to make his muscles look bigger. I saw Newt roll his eyes.

"We just wanted to tell you two things," Newt crossed his arms to copy Minho but his muscles didn't look bigger, unlike Minho, "First, congrats on defeating Gally. Nobody has ever defeated that shank."

"Second of all," Minho said before Newt could say another word, "We had a gathering and we saw that you were smart and strong when you defeated Mr. Shank. We all agreed that-"

"That you could pick your own job." Newt interrupted Minho and giving him a glare.

"O-Oh," I stuttered while confusion washed over me, "Thanks I guess I'll have my decision made by tomorrow..."

"Ok!" Minho smiled at me, "No pressure by the way."

I both gave Newt and Minho a smile. After a few moments, Newt grabbed Minho's arm and dragged him away from me. I scrunched my eyebrows together. What's going on with them?

- Newt's P.O.V -

"C'mon Alby!" Minho yelled at him, "Let Y/N pick her own job!"

I watched Minho and Alby yell at each other in the homestead while I just leaned against the wall. Minho and I agreed to team up and convince Alby to let Y/N pick her own job. She showed she was smart and I bet she's strong.

"For the last shucking time Minho, the answer is no," Alby looked at me, "Newt tell this shuckhead to shut up."

"I actually agree with him." I said. Alby's eyes grew wide. He was surprised to hear me say that. He sighed.

"Fine," Alby said, "But you only tell this to Y/N, no one else. You hear me you shanks?"

"Yes dad," Minho acted like a teenage daughter, "C'mon Newt let's go find Y/N."

I chuckled a little and followed Minho out of the homestead.

- Minho's P.O.V -

Finally, after begging Alby to let Y/N pick her own job he let her. I still can't believe that Newt just leaned against the wall while I was using my skills to convince Alby. But hey after all that hard work, it's worth it. I looked behind me and Newt was limping about ten feet away from me. I groaned.

"C'mon you shank!"  I yelled at Newt.

"It's not my fault that you are a Runner!" Newt yelled back at me while he quickened his pace.

I only agreed with Newt so that if Y/N chooses to be a Runner, I could protect her and spend time with her. If she picks to be a Cook, I'll see her two times a day. If she picks to be a Medjack then I'll try to hurt myself as much as I can just to see her beautiful face. I only agreed with Newt's idea, just for her.

- Newt's P.O.V -

I can't believe that I asked Minho to persuade Alby to have Y/N pick her own job. Bloody hell, I could've asked Frypan, Chuck but no I chose Minho. I don't know why but I made up the idea so she can pick to be a Trackhoe. If she does I can see her working in my field. If she picks to be a Medjack, I'll make sure to get as many cuts everyday just to see her.

I'm doing all of this. Just. For. Her.

----------

A/N: Another update! Sorry, I haven't been on Wattpad. I'm extremely busy with homework and such. Welp, I've gotta do my reading homework!\

-Bernie