Chapter 14

- Your P.O.V -

"Yes... But please listen to me..." I said trying to hold back tears, "She knows me... Newt... She knows me..."

"Of course she knows you," Newt said, "She woke up to your face then you attacked her?"

"No, Newt..." My hands rolled into fists, "She knows me before all of... this!" I pointed outside to the Glade then to the door to the Maze.

"S-She said," I stuttered while remembering what Teresa said to me, "That 'they' want me dead..."

"Y/N," Newt said while gently putting his hands on my shoulders, "Who are 'they?'"

I shook my head, "I don't know..." I looked down to my feet, wishing to know who wants me dead.

"What happened after that?" Newt asked.

I hesitated for a moment, "I got really angry then I grabbed her arm. I pulled her closer to me but I swear I didn't even phyiscally hurt her..."

"So you didn't physically hurt her?" Newt asked while trying to look for a lie in my eyes.

"No, Newt..." I said, titling my head, "Please believe me..."

Newt looked at me then to the dining hall in the distance. He took a deep breathe and his hands from my shoulders fell to his side.

"I need to go."

- Chuck's P.O.V -

"I need to go." Newt walked away from Y/N and me. Y/N fell to her knees and her eyes weren't blinking. I rushed to her side and pulled her into a hug.

"Does he believe me?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know," I replied honestly, "But I believe you."

Newt better believe Y/N. He has to.

- Minho's P.O.V -

Teresa told her story. I didn't believe half of it. Y/N attacked her because she didn't remember something? That's bullshit right there. Y/N has been extremely nice to the Gladers that went to the Med-Jacks with an injury. There's no way she has done that. I do believe that Teresa doesn't remember anything since that we all don't remember anything.

For some reason, I love Teresa. It's like a spell is casted on every Glader. I don't want to admit it but I've fallen for her spell. Whatever it is...

"Hey you alright?" Thomas put a hand on my shoulder, "You didn't blink for thirty minutes."

"Yeah," I replied, "I'm fine."

"I don't know if Teresa's story is true," Thomas took the empty seat next to me, "I know Y/N wouldn't do that kind of stuff."

"I don't know what to believe in anymore." I said honestly.

The door of the dining hall swung open and Newt came in the room. The room didn't quiet down since they were all focused on Teresa. Newt scanned the room until he saw Thomas and I. He walked quickly toward us.

"I talked to Y/N-" Newt said.

"That's great." I interrupted before he could say another word. I felt a small flame in my stomach wishing that it was me talking to Y/N. I'm not jealous right?

"She said she didn't attack Teresa-"

"Newt," I interrupted, "Get to the point."

"Fine." He took a deep breathe.

"I wanna see if there are any scars on Teresa's arms," Newt said, "If Y/N really did attack her, there would be a cut, a mark, a scar, something..."

"And how will we do that?" I asked Newt, acting like I didn't care.

"I will try to get Teresa to like me then maybe I could see if there is anything on her arms."

"You will do that?" I scoffed, "I think I should do that, I'm more good-looking than you."

Why am I saying this? I really want to do it because I can get closer to Teresa but part of me says it wrong.

"It's my plan," Newt looked at me with anger, "I will do it."

"If you want your plan to work then I'll do it." I said while standing up. Before I could take two steps toward Teresa, Thomas stopped me.

"Teresa is the closest with me," Thomas said, "I've been hanging out with her when Newt gives me a break. I'll go."

Before I could say a word, Thomas walked over to Teresa and started flirting. I heard Newt sigh, "What do we do now?"

I thought about it for a moment, "I'll be back."

- Teresa's P.O.V -

Everything is going to plan. Everyone is believing in my story. Every Glader has their eyes on me but I have my eyes on three specific Gladers. Newt, Minho and Thomas. I know they are the closest to Y/N so if I get them to turn against her then they  would be proud of me.

Minho and Newt are smart but they can't outsmart me. What did I do? I pushed my nails into my skin. I have fake proof that my story actually happened. Y/N, I already won so stop making the other Gladers believe in you.

You pathetic mistake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey. My school is starting next week and I've never been so scared in my life. Something also happened recently and it made me cry myself to sleep last night. I decided to write since I think it would get my mind to stop thinking about it and it helped a little. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter, I feel like that it isn't well thought out or well written as the other chapters but I really don't care right now so... yeah... Have a nice day.

- Bernie

QOTC (Question(s) of the Chapter): Do you want Teresa to die? What was your favorite part of the story so far?