Chapter 26

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I got up and started to put on my shoes. I still feel guilty about banishing Teresa. Honestly, it's been on my mind a lot lately. I wonder how things would've gone if she wasn't banished and other ways I could've handled the situation. However, the past is the past and I can't change it. That's what is making me frown. I can't change the past.

I sigh as I started to walk toward the Med-Jack's. I look around, everyone seems to be working and focusing hard. I wonder if they'll be like that once we escape from the Glade. I reached the Med-Jack's and I opened the door. Clint looked to see who opened the door. I slightly smiled and proceeded to walk to my own workspace.

"Excuse me, Y/N," Clint's voice stopped me from walking, "What are you doing?"

I turned around, confused, "I'm going to work, like everyone else in the Glade."

Clint shook his head and took my hand. He led me outside of the Med-Jack's. I was really confused now... Why is he doing this?

"You deserve a break," Clint looked into my eyes, "Go spend some time with Thomas."

There was a pause. Clint continued, "Or Newt."

"But I-"

I was interrupted by Clint, "Nope, you need a break. Go spend some time with them." I looked at him, with a confused look. What did I do...

"No arguing," Clint said, as he turned my body to face toward a group of workers that were in the distance. I saw Newt and Thomas, "Have fun on your break."

Before I could start an argument, Clint was already back in the building and he closed the door. I sighed heavily, trying to piece things together. I wanted to work like everyone else but alrighty then. I started to walk toward Thomas and Newt in the distance. As I was walking toward them, Jeff was jogging towards me. He slowed down as he got near me.

"Hey." I greeted him.

"I bandaged Minho," He said, ignoring my greeting, "He can't get up from his bed, probably because of what happened in the Maze."

"Oh," I tilted my head, "Is there anything that I can do to help?"

"You can go visit him today but I know you'll be hanging out with Thomas and Newt today." He said as he peeked over his shoulder to look at the two guys in the distance. After that, he slightly smiled at me and started to walk away. I pursed my lips together; Newt, Thomas and I can go see him. Maybe that'll really cheer him up more.

- Newt's P.O.V -

I see Y/N walking toward Thomas and I. I tapped Thomas's shoulder. He looked up to see Y/N as well. She spoke up first, "Clint said I should hang out with you guys."

"Hey Y/N," Thomas smiled and hugged her. Even though I know he only likes her as a friend, I still get a little jealous inside. As they pulled away, she looked at me with a smile. I smiled back as I was melting inside.

"Do you guys need help?" She asked. I replied, "We've got this under control... You know... 'cause we're strong." I started to flex, trying to show off muscle. Is she attracted to this? Oh please, tell me she is...

Y/N started to lightly laugh, "I've heard."

"Y/N, can you hand me that shovel over there?" Thomas asked her. She nodded and started to walk over to the object. Thomas's attention turned to me.

"What the shuck was that?" Thomas asked very quickly, "That was so embarrassing." He then started to reenact what I did. I clenched my teeth, that was pretty embarrassing. My cheeks turned red as Y/N started to walk back with the shovel.

"Thanks." Thomas said as he went back to work. Y/N sat on the ground, near me. I held back a smile. She's extremely cute.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

Thomas, Newt and I had small conversations, with them working between each conversation. I have to say, most of stress is relieved; I then remembered that Minho wasn't in the Maze. He was in the Homestead, resting. I puffed air into my cheeks as I thought about how I should ask them if they could come with me. I know that they want to see their friend, so I guess it's alright to ask them straight up right?

I gathered courage to ask them, "Do you guys want to go see Minho?"

Newt and Thomas turned their attention to me, "You want to go into the Maze?"

"Um... actually he's in the Homestead," I pointed to the building then scratched the back of my neck, "He's resting."

Thomas nodded then his eyes widened, "Wait, then who led the other runners?" Thomas scattered to his feet and ran off to an odd direction.

Newt and I were alone. I looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact. My cheeks started to heat up, "So... do you want to go see Minho with me?"

Newt sighed, he hesitated, "Sure..."

I smiled as I took his hand into mine. I started to jog with him toward the Homestead.

- Minho's P.O.V -

I stared at the ceiling. My breath was steady. I can't fall back to sleep. I waited for something to happen, then my door opened. I turned my head to see Y/N and Newt. My heart beat stopped and my chest started to burn. I was hurt but I was happy. I smiled at Y/N, then I saw Newt. I frowned.

Did I lose to Newt?

"Hey," Y/N said, "Are you getting any better?"

"Yup," I replied, smiling to reassure her that I'm telling the truth, "I'm sure that the pain will go away and the bleeding will stop."

She smiled warmly at me. Can she just stop? She just killed me. I looked at Newt. I need to know if I still have a chance.

"Y/N," I looked at her, "May I talk to Newt alone? It's about the Maze."

She nodded and exited the room. I gestured Newt to step closer to me. I needed to be sure Y/N didn't hear me.

"Is Y/N yours?" I whispered, my voice cracking a little.

Newt looked in my eyes, he hesitated. I lost... if she's happy then it's alrig-

"No," Newt finally replied, "You still have a chance with her."

I nodded. I was relieved. Newt still looked at me.

"However, I do too."

--------------------------------------

A/N: Hi! Sorry this was a boring chapter! I hope you enjoyed it though!

- Bernie

QOTC: What's your favorite food?