Newt's Ending

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I followed Newt's advice and I fell asleep for most of the day. I slept like a baby and now I'm awake, waiting for the sunlight to disappear. I thought about what Newt said before he left. He told me that he would be behind the Homestead and Minho will be near the watch tower. I knew exactly what that meant. He didn't have to elaborate. They both liked me and now I have to pick one of them. I hugged my legs close to my chest.

I thought of all the things in the past and now I know who my heart pounded for. It was for Newt. I feel the same things he feels about me. My heart raced; thinking about me going up to him. Me telling him that I feel the same way.

Butterflies appeared in my stomach and I smiled to myself. I can picture the whole scene. Newt smiling and giggling as he pulls me into his arms. The stars above us being brighter than they are. The night being cold but Newt's arms being warm. I closed my eyes and daydreamed. I felt everything in my body relax. When I'm with him, there's nothing else. I feel safe.

Time passed and I looked at the bottom of the door. I saw little light peeking in. I stared at it. As it faded away little by little, my excitement turned into fear. Thoughts raced in my head as the scene I imagined turned negative.

What if I misinterpreted his sentence? Maybe he doesn't want to know what I'm feeling. I shook my head and I tried to gather the courage again. The light under the door started to fade away quicker; I wish it would've gone slower. Before I knew it, the light was gone and night as taken over the sky. I got up and I exited the building. I entered the Glade and I saw a few Gladers still around. I avoided them since they might know about the deal they had with Teresa.

I saw the stars in the sky appear. It was like what I dreamt of. I smiled to myself with my heart racing with excitement. I changed my jog into a sprint and I arrived behind the Homestead. The weather was cool and the breeze went through my hair. 

Newt was facing the other way. He didn't see me. He was tapping his foot and fidgeting his hands. I took a deep breathe and I spoke.

"Hey." I said. Newt turned around, surprised. His cheeks started to turn red. We stood there for a few moments then his mouth formed into a bright smile. I felt a smile crawl onto my face and my breath was taken away. Newt giggled and he ran up to me with his arms open ready for a hug. I felt his arms wrap around me while mine wrapped around him. It was warm and everything else disappeared. I was safe.

Newt broke the hug and he looked into my eyes. He giggled, "I was getting so nervous." Newt took grabbed my hands and squeezed it gently. He smiled even more, "I thought you went to Minho but you're here."

Newt twirled me around and pulled me back into a hug, "I'm sorry about what we did to you. We leave tomorrow morning. Once the Maze is open, we follow the device Thomas gave us. Then we can finally get out of this hell."

We both smiled then we called it a night. Newt and I talked until we fell asleep. We slept on the grass with the stars watching over us. I was in Newt's arms and for once, I was relaxed. The morning came fast and it was time to escape the Glade.

Every Glader was awake and they were all behind Thomas; waiting for the Maze to open. As we were waiting, Minho searched the crowd. His eyes landed on Newt and I; we were walking toward the crowd. I sucked in my breath and I bit my lip. What was I supposed to tell him?

He stopped in front of us and slightly smiled. I sighed, "I'm sorry Minho."

"Don't be sorry," Minho smiled at me, "I'll be another Thomas to you. You know like a brother in your life."

He looked at Newt then back to me, "That's enough for me. Plus, you two are cute together." I let out a sigh of relief. Newt pulled me into a side hug and smiled at me.