Chapter 31

- Minho's P.O.V -

The Gladers in the Homestead, tried to sleep through the night but they were afraid that they would snore so they stayed up most of the night. Chuck and Y/N slept quietly while Newt and I took turns to sleep so we can protect the other Gladers.

I honestly couldn't sleep last night. I just kept looking at Y/N. She doesn't deserve to be trapped in hell. Newt is asleep. I was the only one who was awake. I looked at the hole in the ceiling. I saw the black night sky turn into a clear blue sky. I bit my lip as I decided if it was safe to go outside. I waited for an hour or so then I got up and unlocked the door to Homestead. I stepped quietly out into the Glade. I looked around to see that there was no one. There weren't even dead bodies. It was like a ghost town. I then looked around for Grievers and there was none to be seen.

I decided to take a leap of fate and I stepped out into the Glade. Alone. I tried to look for a sign of life. I then heard a voice from the Deadheads, "It's Minho!"

A bunch of Gladers appeared from the Deadheads and started to dash toward me. They start to bombard me with questions and comments about what happened last night. I saw a few of the Gladers pushed each other to tell me something about what happened last night. One of those people is Thomas. Without a word, he pulled me aside. The Gladers started to talk among themselves.

"I found out how to escape this hellhole." Thomas said. I furrowed my eyebrows together, "How?"

Thomas pulled me further away from the Gladers and whispered, "You need to do everything that I say."

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I opened my eyes to the sound of Gladers shouting and cursing. I looked around to see that other people around me are waking up as well. I sit up and I see that Chuck and Newt are still asleep.

I decided to wake up Newt first, "Newt... wake up." I shake him gently and he gently fluttered his eyes open. He saw me then he smiled, "Hi princess..."

I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart started to beat fast. I cleared my throat and tried to avoid eye contact, "Newt... There's a bunch of Gladers shouting outside, you should go check what's happening."

"This isn't a dream- oh shuck..." Newt scattered to his feet and apologized to me while running out of the homestead. I bit my lip and furrowed my eyebrows together. He called me princess... With curiosity burning in me, I woke up Chuck.

He woke up with a surprised look on his face. He looked at me, "We're still alive?"

I smiled, "Yes," I patted his head while holding a smile. I looked at him in the eyes, "Newt called me a princess when he woke up."

I paused and I saw that Chuck's eyes widened. I asked, "Does he like me?"

- Newt's P.O.V -

I can't believe I called Y/N a princess! She probably thinks I'm a creep or something... Minho is gonna date her after all of this is over... What am I thinking? I should be focusing on what happened last night. Gally's body was still on the floor of the Homestead.

I saw Minho and Thomas talking to each other. Minho looked a little angry and concerned while Thomas was talking away. I rushed over to them.

"That's how we can escape." Thomas finished his sentence. Many thoughts ran through my head. I gulped, "You two are escaping?"

Minho and Thomas's attention turned to me with a surprised look. Thomas shook his head, "Not just us."

Minho's eyes drifted to the Homestead. I looked back to see Y/N and Chuck exiting the room. Minho said something before Thomas could, "We can bring the whole Glade with us but we need to do something first."

Minho looked at Thomas, signaling him to tell what we need to do. Thomas heavily sighed and looked out into the Glade, then to Minho, then to me.

"We need to kill Y/N." Thomas said. I felt a stab in my heart. I raised my voice, "Are you insane?"

Minho rushed to my side and covered my mouth to prevent me from saying anything else. Minho looked around to see if anyone heard me, "Just follow us okay? Keep your voice down too."

Minho uncovered my mouth slowly. Thomas looked around the Glade once more. What was going on in his head?"

"Follow me," Thomas gulped nervously, "I'll show you what we're gonna use and how we're gonna hide her body."

Thomas and Minho started to walk toward the Bloodhouse. I felt my hands start to sweat and shake. I thought about how Y/N would scream and cry if we killed her. She would be begging for mercy. I thought about her lifeless body.

I remembered that Y/N dreamt of danger coming into the Glade, then it happened. The Grievers came into the Glade, wiping out innocent men. She said that she was dead. That danger must be us. I hope that she doesn't dream of the future again. She might get more details since the Griever incident passed. If she sees Minho, Thomas and I then she might not trust us.

Thomas said that Y/N is like his sister. If that's true then I'm sure he would have a plan to keep Y/N alive. If Minho truly loves Y/N, he would make sure that she was still alive. Now that I'm apart of this, I'm gonna make sure that everyone in Glade escapes the Maze alive.

Including Y/N.

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a good day!

- Bernie

QOTC: You just won a million dollars. What would you do with it?